• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going girly today. A very good pair for the price.
8CD289CE-299E-405B-AEE7-722D8BE1D695.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reading the exchange between Rithrin and Neo is a great example of the helpfulness and good naturedness found in this thread.

That said, and with respect for all ... what’s the deal with “drivers?” What is their appeal? Do people literally change shoes to drive to and from somewhere? Or do they just see them as a superior casual comfort shoe to, eg a boat shoe, camp moc, tennis shoe, etc.?
I used to keep a pair of drivers at work, under my desk, for those times when I needed to take off a pair of wet or otherwise uncomfortable shoes. And they were good in that role. Then I decided one day, for some dumb reason, to take them home; and I messed up and left them on the train (as I have done so many times also with gloves and umbrellas).
I've been tempted to replace them, but never pulled the trigger.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I wore my natty HMs and didn’t share them. It’s been wet here the last couple of days, so I wanted that Dainite sole.

3DD6474B-A37B-4976-BC3D-7E6FD265215E.jpeg

We got more rain overnight, so I went with the mini-lug sole
today. It gave me an opportunity to wear the belt that I refinished last week. I think that the colors and texture coordinate without being too matchy-matchy. I’m also color-blind, so this might not match at all!
052B31C9-027C-4FB1-BF5E-ECFC6476EF0D.jpeg

BFA5F989-07E1-4D51-8E0A-01882EA55BCD.jpeg

I noticed that my boots had some water droplets on them from walking through my back “office.” I guess this is a perk of working from home.
B8ABE77D-83C3-48EE-A566-E76F1C832EF5.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday, I wore my natty HMs and didn’t share them. It’s been wet here the last couple of days, so I wanted that Dainite sole.

View attachment 1367814

today. It gave me an opportunity to wear the belt that I refinished last week. I think that the colors and texture coordinate without being too matchy-matchy. I’m also color-blind, so this might not match at all!
View attachment 1367815

View attachment 1367817

I noticed that my boots had some water droplets on them from walking through my back “office.” I guess this is a perk of working from home.
View attachment 1367819
I really like the way the CXL is lighter at the tops of the "rolls" on the HMs.

Ahem. Those aren't water spots, those are quill follicles. It's a feature of ostrich. Duh.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the way the CXL is lighter at the tops of the "rolls" on the HMs.

Ahem. Those aren't water spots, those are quill follicles. It's a feature of ostrich. Duh.
I was talking about the tiny droplets of water visible on the toes!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1367814

View attachment 1367815

View attachment 1367817

View attachment 1367819
Both pair looking good, belt matches just fine. Are those Gustin persimmon denim?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both pair looking good, belt matches just fine. Are those Gustin persimmon denim?
It’s Gustin #163 — organic brown.
However, these look a lot more like the persimmon than the brown on their website. Now I’m wondering if they were mislabeled.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Denim Strandmok’s just dropped to $245 gentlemen, looks like they are being discontinued. I just picked up the last pair in my size!

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to keep a pair of drivers at work, under my desk, for those times when I needed to take off a pair of wet or otherwise uncomfortable shoes. And they were good in that role. Then I decided one day, for some dumb reason, to take them home; and I messed up and left them on the train (as I have done so many times also with gloves and umbrellas).
I've been tempted to replace them, but never pulled the trigger.
I got my first pair of drivers (from L.L. Bean) back in 2001 when I bought my first GTI; they were a great help when I went out to do some spirited driving (which I did pretty often; that car was a ton of fun to drive at the edge). I still have them in the back of the closet somewhere, even though the soles are worn through the nubs; seems I can't bear to throw them out. I finally replaced them last year with a pair of Rancourt drivers in Natty CXL (I haven't had a car with a clutch since 2013, so they're not really practical, but I do like the style)...

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update for those on the over-under of my target of 4-6 pairs of shoes in 2020:

I used my $75 coupon to get the cherry Neumok,. I now see the denim one for $100 off, but NOT the cherry. I am considering making my 4th purchase (already?) and getting that denim Neumok.
That would leave 2 more pairs from now until the end of the year--enough for two Trunk Show 2020.2, or one in RDA and one TS2020.2....

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update for those on the over-under of my target of 4-6 pairs of shoes in 2020:

I used my $75 coupon to get the cherry Neumok,. I now see the denim one for $100 off, but NOT the cherry. I am considering making my 4th purchase (already?) and getting that denim Neumok.
That would leave 2 more pairs from now until the end of the year--enough for two Trunk Show 2020.2, or one in RDA and one TS2020.2....
Honestly, I would be surprised if we get a trunk show this year, so go ahead and buy two more now!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denim Strandmok’s just dropped to $245 gentlemen, looks like they are being discontinued. I just picked up the last pair in my size!
That sounds more like they’ve already applied the Anniversary Sale pricing.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With the recent furlough that took place, I wonder How AE will position the sale? Very aggressive with dead stock and not so much on current models? Push models that have fuller inventory positions? Or just run the sale and you will get your pair when we can? Hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads