• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the shades......

Ten-dollar amazon polarized Clubmaster wannabes. I've spent a lot on sunglasses in the past. I'm opting out from now on...I am *NOT* kind to them lol.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't feel that going down another half size in length or width would make them feel too tight. I guess it's hard to say without being here in person, but which would you recommend if I did exchange for a smaller size? Brannock 9.5D to 9D or 8.5E? Current pair is 9E. I'm guessing that it's the going up a width that is making these too loose, but either would likely solve the issue.
9D.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ten-dollar amazon polarized Clubmaster wannabes. I've spent a lot on sunglasses in the past. I'm opting out from now on...I am *NOT* kind to them lol.
I have a thing for sunglasses (and footwear, and fountain pens) lately I've been getting into Randolph sunglasses after years of Maui Jim's...Randolph's are made here, in the USA. maui's used to be, but........

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured. Ordered! The 9E seems about in line with the length on my 9D Grant Stone oxford. The Grant Stone ones fit great, and I think the 9D Fifth Avenue will as well. Thanks for the opinion.

The quality on the pair I received seemed decent enough. Nothing to be alarmed about. Just the fairly common slightly uneven eyelets.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a thing for sunglasses (and footwear, and fountain pens) lately I've been getting into Randolph sunglasses after years of Maui Jim's...Randolph's are made here, in the USA. maui's used to be, but........
Agreed. Maui and RE are all I wear. I find myself reaching for the RE more often.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. Maui and RE are all I wear. I find myself reaching for the RE more often.
Wore MJ until my frameless pair's lens broke at the center piece, and they refused to sell me lenses without sending them in. I have kept my word about not buying them since.
Tried some cheaper frames of different styles in between, and recently purchased a pair of Persols. Like them so far, once I got reacclimated to the weight.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore MJ until my frameless pair's lens broke at the center piece, and they refused to sell me lenses without sending them in. I have kept my word about not buying them since.
Tried some cheaper frames of different styles in between, and recently purchased a pair of Persols. Like them so far, once I got reacclimated to the weight.
Persol sunglasses are great (Paul Newman wore them)....Try Randolphs you will like them. Maui has "changed" in their policies in the last year or so. I have sent in a couple pair for repair and not been overly excited about their policies, although they did replace one pair, but charged me almost full boat for the other. Admittedly, I broke both pair. RE has a lifetime guarantee and they are built like little eye-covering tanks. Guess that's why the USAF has them as preferred provider...

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bleumoks and shemaghs.

View attachment 1365609

View attachment 1365610

Not that it protects me worth a damn....just enjoying the fact i can run around wearing it without people thinking i'm a baddie. :hide:

Also it covers the evidence of my being SEVERELY out of regs as facial hair is currently concerned.
Great Idea... I will take a picture of mine tomorrow as I go to CVS. I'll go classic red...

jnik

Reaction score
Persol sunglasses are great (Paul Newman wore them)....Try Randolphs you will like them. Maui has "changed" in their policies in the last year or so. I have sent in a couple pair for repair and not been overly excited about their policies, although they did replace one pair, but charged me almost full boat for the other. Admittedly, I broke both pair. RE has a lifetime guarantee and they are built like little eye-covering tanks. Guess that's why the USAF has them as preferred provider...
Agree on MJs policies as of late. Randolph are excellent. I realize they are not miUSU, but I whole heatedly endorse Vuarnet as well. Their lens quality is second to none. They are quite heavy though.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree on MJs policies as of late. Randolph are excellent. I realize they are not miUSU, but I whole heatedly endorse Vuarnet as well. Their lens quality is second to none. They are quite heavy though.
True, and MiUSA is not a 100% requirement for me. I appreciate great optics in sunglasses, and realize that there are companies all over the planet who make great sunglasses. Vuarnet are good, as are Ray-Ban (but not the same as the old MiUSA Ray Bans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads