• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkclassic

Reaction score
I'll have to see them before I can judge them. A lot of people found the Overlord "offensive", but I love the Overlord.
Just got the same sneaker survey. Told them not to devalue the Strand by releasing a sneaker version.
There are a few guys wearing these sorts of sneaker bottom shoes now on my floor at the office. They used to wear semi-decent stuff but I guess that is fading if I'm seeing more of these sneaker shoes now. ?

... And the Overlord was AWESOME.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One more complaint as I throw away my TS boxes (I gave up on keeping them all and basically keep one of each type and special boxes like for rare shell).
My Strand Boots are clearly LODEN, yet are called OLIVE. I WANTED OLIVE OVER LODEN. WHY YOU GOTTA COCK TEASE LIKE DAT AE?!?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How would one go about this? I'm not opposed to doing it.
Join the Elegant Oxford Page on Facebook and then email Preston at his email that he has for the page. He will get back to you on donations with some time.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One more complaint as I throw away my TS boxes (I gave up on keeping them all and basically keep one of each type and special boxes like for rare shell).
My Strand Boots are clearly LODEN, yet are called OLIVE. I WANTED OLIVE OVER LODEN. WHY YOU GOTTA COCK TEASE LIKE DAT AE?!?
Cause when they call it Loden it does not sell as well. Not unlike when I married my wife she told me her beautiful large breasts were Natural. Little did I know that just after we got married she would have a breast reduction cause she was tired of lugging them around.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cause when they call it Loden it does not sell as well. Not unlike when I married my wife she told me her beautiful large breasts were Natural. Little did I know that just after we got married she would have a breast reduction cause she was tired of lugging them around.
So what you're implying is I should dye mine olive. That's clearly your intent. I just know it.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received a questionnaire about dress sneakers from AE.

Deeply flawed. About 20 questions, all being variations of Tell us why you love our dress sneakers and how much of your hard earned dough you will giveus for them. they never asked if I like any of them. Which I really don’t. Blech!

get ready for the Strand sneaker and the Park sneaker! Really AE??
I just chose $0 and "Hate It" for all of them the first time I got the sneaker survey, and I just bailed out without answering any of them the second time.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Back at the ball diamond today rocking my Hamilton’s. Can’t wait until these break in some more. They’re cutting into the back of my leg a little bit. Also, for 65 last, I’m usually able to get close to no V gap after break in. A ways to go with this pair.

0D0E2458-BB85-4A64-AF92-31F14D760732.jpeg

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I never got a new survey... :( Sounds like I missed out lol.

BTW - you inspired me to check out the AE store on the way home from work tonight. The burgundy suede color isn't half bad, I was mixed about it. But...I hadn't seen that fake danite up close and personal until now and I was NOT a fan of that lol.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never got a new survey... :( Sounds like I missed out lol.

BTW - you inspired me to check out the AE store on the way home from work tonight. The burgundy suede color isn't half bad, I was mixed about it. But...I hadn't seen that fake danite up close and personal until now and I was NOT a fan of that lol.
I haven't gotten the survey in quite a while myself...

Hmm. Did you try it on? The burgundy in store on the Neumok with fake dainite is cherry! It's a whole nother color!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not kidding when I say I had an almost exclusive loafers survey last week and two more just like it in the past year. I own 0 pairs of loafers. It leaves me confused.
Well, AE is really pushing sneakers right now--that TS you tube started well but ended with a long push for the sneakers. The connection to the TS being unexplained.

Unfortunate as far as I am concerned. The nicest thing i can say about sneakers, AE's or anyone else's, is Zero interest.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toss them. The right shoe lacing pattern on the right side is under, under, OVER!
And only on this thread would ANYONE even notice :)
But it's symmetrical that way. I used to do opposite lacing on many of my shoes for this reason. Then it dawned on me that nobody cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads