• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

vdubiv

Reaction score
I wonder if part of the reason for the quick turnaround times on the suede TS orders compared to shell is due to more employees being able to craft suede shoes. Given the high prices of raw shell and the difficulty in working with it, I wouldn't be surprised if a smaller subset of relatively experienced people are the only ones crafting shell makeups.
Could also be the availability of shell, since most of the colors offered in the trunk show aren't normal AE offerings I'm sure they waited until after all orders were in to order just the amount of shell that they needed.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there good brands for inserts that you guys are using if you need to fill se volume in a shoe? I have a pair that feels a bit large and want to see if it would help.

[email protected]!
I have been using the Pedag Viva Low for 1 or 2 pairs that are roomy but which I nevertheless like to wear.
Pedag recommended the Viva Low for guys like me Born Flat. Works well.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife insists that I am the light skinned one in the family. But I post this as proof that she is the guera.
945E65B9-1559-4EC3-9924-D47F8928CBEA.jpeg

After some heavy drinking. For us that would be sharing a Mescal with ginger water and mint.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife insists that I am the light skinned one in the family. But I post this as proof that she is the guera.
View attachment 1345111
After some heavy drinking. For us that would be sharing a Mescal with ginger water and mint.
I've done drunk couples selfies in taters too!!

20180517_221907.jpg

matwa

Reaction score
Hillcrest today - massive SPI.

02-27-20 HIllcrest.jpg

darkclassic

Reaction score
After much turnover, I have three pair in the Strand fleet of my collection: bourbon shell, natty shell, and these JA Rush Streets. I admire these every time I wear them. Paging @ae_ashley - would you please consider bringing these back along with the Macneil5 and a Dundee - all in golden and/or natural CXL please? :fistbump:

rush st 022720.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1345111

Look great together!

When my son was 4 years old, he drew his picture of our family. He drew his mother as a dark brown, himself as medium brown, and his grandfather as light brown. Then there was this barely visible, peach-colored outline that was me. He described me as camouflage.

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
until this week I did not know the seventh avenue existed. Now I'm going to spend the next several years looking for one in my size or hoping against hope for a web gem

I guess what I'm saying is ... damn this place.

first wear of F2 Dundee today. I've long been intrigued by these but thought that they were duplicative of Leeds I already had so they never made the top of the list for TS orders. I may have to buy more of these. Also glad to have lost my Charleston virginity. Thanks to Ashley/Jason/RJ, they were gentle.

Attachments

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.