• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are nice looking shoes, sometimes simple designs just speak for themselves. Great pants pairing, too.

And I said I was done buying shoes for this quarter. This is really tempting.

The shape is great, I'm just used to snubbier, wider models on my feet from the last year of wearing my AEs.

I do think they're less casual than my Mora's due to the shape. Not sure they'd pair with jeans or chinos very readily, maybe save them for off trouser days.
The EEE doesn't help either! They look cool (I love weaves), but definitely a toe shape I'm not used to. Comparing my Alden Plaza last and AE 1943/943B, even Carmina's less sleek lasts like Forest look like cigarette boats compared to those pontoons. I'm not complaining, as they're plenty sleek (and most importantly fit), but it was still kinda eye opening to realize just how narrow other makes can look.

Also, how do they fit???

bluejazzmonkey

Reaction score
New shoes came in today! Sadly, not AE.

Ordered some custom Mezlan braided monks back in November. Was really excited about getting these MTM, as AE pretty much has only the Strand Weave and Leiden Weave for this kind of leather, but really dig the idea of this in a monk style.

I will say that comparing quality, my AEs feel a lot sturdier and well put together. And I think I've gotten used to American style shoes as the more sleek, elongated European last now comes off as feeling really funky on my feet.

View attachment 1344747
View attachment 1344749
View attachment 1344750

It came with a Vibram sole, though, so no worries wearing this when it's wet out.

However, to avoid needing to spoiler at least one shot, I'm comparing this to a Mora.

View attachment 1344748

So, who wins here??

Mezlan does have a line of GYW shoes, too, which would be interesting to compare to AEs at similar prices.

That is a nice addition to the collection. I have two pairs of Mezlan and enjoy the sexy style, but they are completely different shoes than my AE. One is a Kitty Cat and the other is a Bull.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Cushe boots for snowblowing. I don't remember when I bought these but I remember it was for under $50 years ago and I got them as they looked good to wear to plow my driveway.

The best part is this vibram sole which is the main reason I am posting this. Super grippy. They should make this type of sole available on some AE boots to serve a similar purpose.

IMG_20200226_192322.jpgIMG_20200226_192310.jpg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trenton and Heath released their YouTube video of the Nashville TS.

Allen Edmonds Suede Trunk Show
Very flattering video. Ashley is seriously some kind of a genius. I really regret not getting the grey Grayson but I picked up two nice pairs recently. I hope next time we can get JR’s as an option.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cushe boots for snowblowing. I don't remember when I bought these but I remember it was for under $50 years ago and I got them as they looked good to wear to plow my driveway.

The best part is this vibram sole which is the main reason I am posting this. Super grippy. They should make this type of sole available on some AE boots to serve a similar purpose.

View attachment 1344874View attachment 1344875
The AE Alpine boot has the Vibram "Ice Grip" sole, which REALLY DOES GRIP on ice, the colder and slipperier the surface, the more it grips. It's weird, but it works.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.