• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boring shoes today
View attachment 1344486
to spice things up for fans of botched demolition photos in shoe threads here are some photos of the famous leaning tower of Dallas (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/19/us/dallas-building-implosion.html)

View attachment 1344487View attachment 1344488View attachment 1344489View attachment 1344490

They blew it up on February 18. They were supposed to finally take it down Monday. On Tuesday they had to bring in a bigger wrecking ball. It's still standing this morning.

video of the initial implosion that started it all

They hired the wrong people.

IMG_0868_zps6deafb95.jpg

Best. Christmas. Ever.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that was fast
They tend to start shipping about 3 weeks after the TS starts. They don't quote that, for obvious reason, but you will start to see them trickle out from then on to the 8-12 week mark.
Several others already have received their pairs; mine deliver tomorrow.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was stuck at work and didn't make it in until the 9th. I don't think they put my order in until sometime mid week. Hopefully not too much longer...
Irrelevant. In the last TS19.2, I placed orders on the first hour of the first day and on the next-to-last day. That last order arrived in 3 weeks. The first two took 11 weeks.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if part of the reason for the quick turnaround times on the suede TS orders compared to shell is due to more employees being able to craft suede shoes. Given the high prices of raw shell and the difficulty in working with it, I wouldn't be surprised if a smaller subset of relatively experienced people are the only ones crafting shell makeups.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

matwa

Reaction score
McTavish for Wingtip Wednesday

02-26-20 McTavish.jpg

F38etz

Reaction score
Good to know. I don't remember how long it took after my last TS (shell a few years ago).

Irrelevant. In the last TS19.2, I placed orders on the first hour of the first day and on the next-to-last day. That last order arrived in 3 weeks. The first two took 11 weeks.

ptfly

Reaction score
Same situation here but my first order took longer than 11 weeks and the last order took 2 weeks. Go figure

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.