• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is for @Roycru. The train is very efficient here but like all big cities only 10% of the people know how to use.
View attachment 1343960 View attachment 1343961 View attachment 1343962 View attachment 1343964

I have a small statuette from Guadalajara. Just one guy makes this fella, but usually he's a bit more.....oriented toward fertility. That's the professional way of saying it (naked with a rager would be the unprofessional way of saying it). We got him in San Antonio.

20200117_153611.jpg

When Mrs. eventually finds my Cornwallises and Indys I'll prolly just say this guy made me do it. :hide:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a small statuette from Guadalajara. Just one guy makes this fella, but usually he's a bit more.....oriented toward fertility. That's the professional way of saying it (naked with a rager would be the unprofessional way of saying it). We got him in San Antonio.

View attachment 1344044

When Mrs. eventually finds my Cornwallises and Indys I'll prolly just say this guy made me do it. :hide:

the mexican market in San Antonio is one of my top 10 favorite places in Texas

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the mexican market in San Antonio is one of my favorite places in the state

I don't recall the name of the place, but it's right next to Mar Imports on Houston, right at the corner with Broadway (where it becomes Losoya).

Rithrin

Reaction score
Took the Firsts to the range again. Got asked about them, and I might have turned someone on to buying some AE shell by explaining their hard wearing qualities!

IMG_20200223_124921.jpg

I also discovered one hazard of commando soles! Kept having to pluck things out of the lugs.

IMG_20200223_125136.jpg

The more I wear these, the more I appreciate them.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took the Firsts to the range again. Got asked about them, and I might have turned someone on to buying some AE shell by explaining their hard wearing qualities!

View attachment 1344138

I also discovered one hazard of commando soles! Kept having to pluck things out of the lugs.

View attachment 1344140

The more I wear these, the more I appreciate them.

poor bastard is going to walk into an AE store hoping to easily buy a pair of those nice shaved shell boots he saw at the range

Rithrin

Reaction score
poor bastard is going to walk into an AE store hoping to easily buy a pair of those nice shaved shell boots he saw at the range

Haha, I thought about that and tried to be very clear that this was custom makeup from a promo show.

I told them that later this year there might be an option for something similar depending on what AE pulls together for the next TS.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is Fat Tuesday, so Happy Mardi Gras!!!

I've been a bit busy this year and have not been posting much. I do try to keep up with my required SF reading, though. Here's a shot of dark brown shell Dundees today...

20200225_182201.jpg

Last edited:

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is Fat Tuesday, so Happy Mardi Gras!!!

I've been a bit busy this year and have not been posting much. I do try to keep up with my required SF reading, though. Here's a shot of dark brown shell Dundees today...

View attachment 1344204

Happy Mardi Gras and I love the Dundees!!
Today, I called in sick (my day job) and worked a four hour Mardi Gras party.
It was so much fun!

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Checking in after a month of pretty solid business travel.

After ordering 3 pair for the suede trunk show, I managed to sell 3 pair on ebay. In 2018 I somehow ordered three of the "Road Warriors" F2s while sleep deprived late one night, and never loved (or barely liked) them. Easy choice to let them go to make room for some TS suede. The secondary market does not seem to love them much more than I did, but I cleared enough for some new laces. I will admit to taking my Wilberts on the road with me as true road warriors.

I've never had First Avenues until the last shell trunk show but since getting 2 pair will admit that I miss my worn out Eagle Counties less and less. I will still probably get the Eagle Counties resoled, I've mentioned here before that AE no longer has their wedge sole in my size. I need to decide whether to have a generic wedge sole installed, or go with a more traditional commando type sole. Any recommendations on which way to go?

FA_Grn_25.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads