• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C8A00765-483D-4A86-8E72-5E2A4BD4438C.jpeg
Wearing some handmade sandals today. These are very interesting.

bluejazzmonkey

Reaction score
Wearing some handmade sandals today. These are very interesting.

I like your sandals, but they awaken an old memory. When we were kids, my parents would travel and leave us with my great grandmother. She didn't speak English and her house was filled with extremely scary biblical painting. She kept our cap guns and other noise-making toys. Her sandals were very similar to yours.

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Sunday is the last day of the TS?

Trying to figure out if there is something I can't live without. Snuff suede plymouth on olive dainite is tempting even if I'm not sure I like Dainite. Snuff suede randolph on blue Dainite also tempting. I feel like I need something gray suede but I'm not sure what. Going to go down to the wire I think.

[EDIT: went with snuff plymouth on olive dainite; snuff randolph w antique (brown might have been a better choice); and gray dundee on blue dainite]

Last edited:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like your sandals, but they awaken an old memory. When we were kids, my parents would travel and leave us with my great grandmother. She didn't speak English and her house was filled with extremely scary biblical painting. She kept our cap guns and other noise-making toys. Her sandals were very similar to yours.
She had real huaraches.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just updated the suede show spreadsheet with my orders. Surprised to see that I'm the only one with Strands on there! Where all my Strand fanatics at?
I'm in with 2 loafers
Grayson—Navy + flat + choco + single leather
Randolph—Bone/Sand + flat + antique + single leather

Maybe a Third? tempted to go for a Snuff Mac w antique reverse welt on double leather
I've got til Sunday night to decide.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Loving my ladyboys! More I wear them, the more I enjoy them. My first pair of shell that I bought new (others are Leeds from the ‘bay) and only pair with JR’s. Breaking in nicely. I Have something like 20 pair AE’s and I find myself picking out clothes to work with these Daltons :cool:
46E18D87-7EFF-4521-9CA7-28EF8B3ACDD4.jpeg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rithrin

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm not complaining. Just not the norm. I didn't love the loafers. Very long in the toe. The suit was nice. His shooting was far above average. 8 of 10 in the black from 50 feet. The 2 were just out of the black. And he was a CCW permit holder.

Let's make this a trend! I know what I'm wearing this Sunday!

Actually brain cancer has been shown to be treated by ketogenic diets. There is real scientific evidence of that particular cancer. On the theory side, according to the Warburg effect, cancer cells cannot respire oxygen; instead, they ferment glucose or glutamate. There is research now using the press-pulse method that combines a ketogenic diet and medication to suppress glutamate to starve cancer of glucose and glutamate to kill it.
Not the kinds of info one would expect to find in a shoe thread, but this is really interesting!

Approaching a base shine.

View attachment 1337684
The Cornwallis seems like a great style to model colors and patinas. Perhaps because it has so much open space like a canvas?

What do we have here?

View attachment 1339223

St. George jodhpur.
Is this a discontinued line?

Hows your boot collection?
Got four total: Black Liverpool, Burgundy Shell Fifth Street, Shaved First Street, and a non-AE Navy Chelsea with no model name.

If I got another boot, it would probably be another true dress boot that I could wear in the office or one for more outdoors activity like working in my garden. Not sure I quite have a handle on where a suede boot would fit in there.

Suede loafers are pretty easy to come by in standard sizes outside of trunk shows and can often be had for well below MSRP

Just saying, I'd get something more exotic than randolph, especially if you are a D width or something mainstream
Unfortunately I'm wearing 11 EEEs on the 65. I actually haven't tried too many lasts yet, but the Randolph seemed like it would fit better than other loafers I've tried (luckily the TS store I'm going to has correct sizes for me to try on).

Besides a Burgundy Mac, I was thinking of getting a Snuff Leeds or another color that's very versatile. Before I was really sold on Sand with Buff Edge, but I really don't own a lot of heavily dedicated light colored summer clothes.

So you are saying the solution is to cuff way high...
And go sockless, of course! Edit: autocorrect, lol

OK, I'm 100% sold on the Burgundy Mac now.

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of everything I’ve seen, that burgundy Mac is my favorite. I thought about a burgundy Hamilton and decided against it.

Is there any chance of getting the Mac in a 14AA?
Damned if I can find it, but the list of sizes and widths Ashley posted a while back had a full run, as I recall, for Hamilton, but a limited run for Macs (no A widths and beyond). Hope my recall is wrong. That burg suede has your name on it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.