• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loden Strand and some bare feet

DC24703E-17D0-42E7-A128-F0C1D689A012.jpeg

WNovizar

Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I define my own need for dress shoes. The standard at work is flip flops or trainers. Wear the shoes you like!
May I ask where you are from?

I had always thought "trainers" was an English usage and sneakers/tennis shoes/running shoes was the typical american usage but I'm now wondering if it is regional

I do feel like "trainers" has gained more currency in the last decade because there are so many Aussie/English celebrities using the term in the states these days

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May I ask where you are from?

I had always thought "trainers" was an English usage and sneakers/tennis shoes/running shoes was the typical american usage but I'm now wondering if it is regional

I do feel like "trainers" has gained more currency in the last decade because there are so many Aussie/English celebrities using the term in the states these days
I a well-traveled American who worked in international organizations for years. I've adopted a lot of non-American words. In this case, I specifically wanted to distinguish between the different types of sneakers. A sneaker is too broad and includes luxury sneakers, stylish sneakers, running shoes, basketball shoes (high tops). I wanted to be clear that I was NOT talking about the style at my office being stylish or luxury sneakers such as AE Coopers, Canal Court, Cobbler Union Unos, Cole Haan, etc., but instead more like New Balance, Adidas, or Under Armor.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My AE purple houndstooth tie arrives tomorrow.

Conveniently I'll be at Black Lotus Tattoo Gallery all day sitting for session one of my full sleeve.... :hide:

(gonna wear my shell daltons)
Get a tattoo of a horse with that horse head you have as its head and some lady body shell Daltons on its feet!

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a tattoo of a horse with that horse head you have as its head and some lady body shell Daltons on its feet!
Fun story.

I have old-school style pinup girls on my calves. Left calf is a Bomber girl; the bomb (with the flying tigers shark face on it) was to pay homage to the badass EOD family that let me be part of their world, and the old-school feel and pinup girl was an homage to the WWII vets I'm so very lucky to get to chaperone around DC with the Honor Flight Network every summer. She was first.

Then I decided I needed a second (because symmetry, of course) so I went with a "cowgirl" with a stick horse and a six-shooter with the "BANG!" flag sticking out of the barrel.

Guess what the stick horse has for a head.

:hide:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fun story.

I have old-school style pinup girls on my calves. Left calf is a Bomber girl; the bomb (with the flying tigers shark face on it) was to pay homage to the badass EOD family that let me be part of their world, and the old-school feel and pinup girl was an homage to the WWII vets I'm so very lucky to get to chaperone around DC with the Honor Flight Network every summer. She was first.

Then I decided I needed a second (because symmetry, of course) so I went with a "cowgirl" with a stick horse and a six-shooter with the "BANG!" flag sticking out of the barrel.

Guess what the stick horse has for a head.

:hide:
Nothing wrong with old-school style pinup girls......one of my Fender Esquire guitars
IMG_1045.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey i found a photo. And it's on topic to boot. Or to strandmok. As the case may be.

View attachment 1339521

I love that the artist deliberately (on my request) added "flaws" to the art, to better imitate the true old school feel.

My back piece though, thats another story (and nothing anyone here wants to see).
You know, that fishnet leg would make a great lamp............

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.