• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random rant: I'll be moving tomorrow while many of you are hungover. So I'm allowing myself one beer before I wake up early and get to moving my stuff. I have all my shoe boxes ready, of course. Wife and I are going to rent an apartment for 1-2 years until we find a home we want to buy. On a big positive note, I won't have to drive to work anymore. I really hate driving on the busy freeways in Los Angeles.

See you all on Thursday.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Random rant: I'll be moving tomorrow while many of you are hungover. So I'm allowing myself one beer before I wake up early and get to moving my stuff. I have all my shoe boxes ready, of course. Wife and I are going to rent an apartment for 1-2 years until we find a home we want to buy. On a big positive note, I won't have to drive to work anymore. I really hate driving on the busy freeways in Los Angeles.

See you all on Thursday.
Good luck on the move, have done it a few times in my life, my advice (although it's a little late) hire it done.

Rithrin

Reaction score

See you all on Thursday.

Good luck! Moving just to move again in a year or so must be frustrating. Here's to finding your dream home!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year Gents!

58D09813-EABB-42CC-8396-E53D71FD8F28.gif

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for a trivia challenge to start off the new year?

I've meticulously and only slightly drunkenly prepared a set of seven extra-spicy Strand-related trivia questions that only a true Strand fanatic is able to fully complete.

To the first weasel who answers every question correctly in a single post I'll send a $50 Allen Edmonds gift card. I'll also bestow upon this person the prestigious title of Strand Baron, along with all the lands and holdings that come with this title (literally just the gift card). I'll post the answers if no one rises to the occasion by Sunday evening.
  1. The Strand was released in three different colors of calfskin when it was reintroduced for the second time. What were these colors and their model numbers?
  2. How many different colors has the Strandmok 2.0 been sold in? What are they?
  3. The October 2013 Strand Webgem came in a peculiar leather. What was this leather, and how many variants of this webgem were there?
  4. This Strand was also one of the very first Allen Edmonds' shoe to come with a Dainite sole. What is its model number?
  5. Two different Strand variants have been sold with an oiled leather sole. Which two are they?
  6. How many different "OG" Strandmoks have come with a Gumlite sole? What are the colors of their midsoles?
  7. Two pairs of two Strands share the same model number. What are these two model numbers, and which two Strands does each number represent?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A little sloppy today so taking out the Pattons. I am pretty sure that these are more brown than grey but still interesting.
F5AE76AF-FE59-444C-AA2B-3FADAAFB9ADC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads