• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

schweezly

Reaction score
Actually using wax polish on burnishing can be problematic. Especially if you go the mirror shine route. If you use a nuetral wax on unprotected factory finishes, you can actually start to remove the burnishing little by little. On burnished shoes, I always recommend using a complimentary creme polish first. This will help keep the burnishing in tact for longer. I have even seen leather lotion start to take the burnishing off a naked factory finish. If you did want to use wax after the creme polish you would need to make your base layer a brown wax first and then you can use nuetral on top for that extra shine.
good to know, thanks

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@polojock615 coming? @madhat flying in again? @smfdoc, don't get lost in moving boxes.
That might be a challenge. My house officially listed Friday, with open houses Saturday and Sunday. A few additional viewings Monday and I accepted one of two offers today. Now I have to get serious about moving boxes.

Buck McFate

Reaction score
View attachment 1326187

Black Hills (RIP) from the Rough Collection (RIP), with the fantastic Toby Mini-lug sole (RIP).

A great rough and tumble casual shoe for lousy weather. I really don’t need both these and my Wilberts but I can’t ever see getting rid of either.
I love the look of your Black Hills -- they look like Badlands, which I think are terrific. For me, they are a much better fit than the Wilberts. Did Badlands replace the Black Hills, or were they also part of the Rough Collection? Were the Wilberts part of it, too?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday with the Coffee Dalton. Had to lift my pregnant pant leg to get the shot. Pregnant pants and a wife in the gym is better than the reverse.
6B614228-5989-4188-85C7-4A5FE602ADB3.jpeg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walking my son to the bus this morning... Black Friday Coopers.

BAE1652E-CEBE-4F1E-B8ED-46AA463BBC4E.jpeg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That might be a challenge. My house officially listed Friday, with open houses Saturday and Sunday. A few additional viewings Monday and I accepted one of two offers today. Now I have to get serious about moving boxes.
Congratulations and good luck with the move. Are you relocating to a final home or a temporary - store your stuff for a few months - housing? (Towels+clothes make great shoebags when packing and all have to get to the new place!)

Walking my son to the bus this morning... Black Friday Coopers.

View attachment 1326490
Those look fun. A grown-up sneaker.

More suede today,
Shoebank bargains are a great way to try styles not on one's usual radar.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and good luck with the move. Are you relocating to a final home or a temporary - store your stuff for a few months - housing? (Towels+clothes make great shoebags when packing and all have to get to the new place!)

Those look fun. A grown-up sneaker.

More suede today,
Shoebank bargains are a great way to try styles not on one's usual radar.
View attachment 1326491

View attachment 1326492

View attachment 1326493
I actually have a healthy grown-up sneaker collection. Cobbler Unions are actually full grain calf.
ABCC806E-90FF-410D-8B7C-57EE61B44EE6.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.