• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Reaction score
"sickly yellow cxl"
"222"
"voyager"

Wow, I sure wasn't expecting the conversation to shift after I made my Indian style comment. I will mention that one of my grandmas was an American Indian. @polojock615 can confirm this.

Anyway, let's get back to shoes.
I think we need a new term all together.
From now on, when I sit in that fashion, I will say that my legs are profilabinded.

Shelterdog

Reaction score
Very nice - are they the waxed suede? I’ve thought about getting a pair in the brown or black since they’ve come out. The pair I showed are a new style that are not waxed.
ahhh ok my bad yes they are waxed suede and they are tanks. You cannot really go wrong with HM so depending on your style and what you intend to use them for I am sure the suede will work out. I needed something durable and they def have done the job

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are. I have all the sole types. The XL sole is good for anyone who wants light weight and comfort over other things. I don’t worry about a soles longevity anymore due to the big rotation that I have. I suspect it won’t last as long. I particularly like the XL less than other options. But the XL soles do not ruin the wearing experience. I actually need my shoes to provide a solid base for me to stand on due to severe pronation and bowed legs. But once I got used to the feel, I have no issues with that sole. YMMV.
I think this is always the funniest concern I see....when you have even just 20 shoes in a rotation and a shoe wears down quickly, say, in, say, 50 wears, it’ll be 3 years before you wear them down...

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is always the funniest concern I see....when you have even just 20 shoes in a rotation and a shoe wears down quickly, say, in, say, 50 wears, it’ll be 3 years before you wear them down...
If you are waiting for me to report sole wear, the shoe would be discontinued.

pbrandes

Reaction score
So good. Jason says the Light Brown might be the last shoe he buys for the year. FYI: the sole of the Lug Higgins cannot be converted. Neither can the Park City, though I am aware we have one of our brethren on here that's posted a custom pair already. Looks like they have been put on a no SMU list.
Ashley, is the dark brown AE's standard snuff shade (from the last trunk show, for example)? They look beautiful, very tempting.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of discontinued, when were the Surrey boots eliminated from the lineup?

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
$100 off during the Holiday Sale!
Any idea when the holiday and/or current 40% off sale is over?

I am tempted to wait, go to a store tomorrow, and try a few things on to triple-check sizing but do not want to miss out on the very large and amazing discounts.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very surprised that the Porter sneaker is still a current model. With the entry of the Burke, I would have thought that the Porter would be gone. Maybe they need both to keep sneaker stock up.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am very surprised that the Porter sneaker is still a current model. With the entry of the Burke, I would have thought that the Porter would be gone. Maybe they need both to keep sneaker stock up.
Serious reply: they're quite different style wise, and can coexist in my eyes. I'd rather have the Porter.

Silly reply: Maybe they're testing the waters to avoid a faux paus, especially in light of today's back and forth. Someone might hear the name and think they are being called a berk.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still hung up on Woollymoks. So I got both.
View attachment 1511174View attachment 1511175
Those turned out great, Congrats! post the others?
View attachment 1511280
The new Chili Verona needs a bit of attention IMO, because they're beautiful. I shot this outside and the Chili really pops in the sun. Perfect to dress up or down, in a color you can wear all year round. $100 off during the Holiday Sale!
Agree that chili is a terrific shoe color, year round. For a chili loafer, I've got my eye on that Chili Randolph. Handsome shoe in every conceivable size width combo. Chili Hamilton is fire

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @ProfilaBinding, remember we were talking about the Chester the other day... Sorry about being coy about it but there was a rarely seen pair that I was aiming to buy and I just won them a moment ago. The calf ones are pretty nice but in my humble opinion these suede ones are superb. These appear to be nearly new judging by the soles.

1607293262492.png

Oh yeah, by coincidence, I just sold my Fullertons which I listed for sale since they werent getting worn and I was trying to offload some pairs to make room for some other things (not these chesters, sigh). I like the chesters more and I think they will get more wear.

1607294307901.png

Last edited:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @ProfilaBinding, remember we were talking about the Chester the other day... Sorry about being coy about it but there was a rarely seen pair that I was aiming to buy and I just won them a moment ago. The calf ones are pretty nice but in my humble opinion these suede ones are superb. These appear to be nearly new judging by the soles.

View attachment 1511424

Oh yeah, by coincidence, I just sold my Fullertons which I listed for sale since they werent getting worn and I was trying to offload some pairs to make room for some other things (not these chesters, sigh). I like the chesters more and I think they will get more wear.

View attachment 1511428
I would love to pick up any kind of Chester. They do come on Ebay in my size, but they are always beat to hell. I can't complain though as I have too many shoes as it is. Congrats to you -- they look great, and I'm sure those are near impossible to find. I've never seen one in suede before you pointed it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.