• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put these on before I knew about the suede TS.
A8EAA6D8-2F70-46A9-8971-A1EAFD9E71AA.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loden suede Strands today—one of the possible models you can order in suede show.
38102867-FAEC-445F-944E-D09BBF0D9763.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a person that detests wearing the color black, and only owns a single pair of black shoes for wearing to funerals, brown elastic sounds great for a navy suede Liverpool.
I really agree here. Suede is not formal and will likely be worn with browns and denim; however, I think black elastic will with much better with grey pants

Kevin24

Reaction score
That would drive me nuts, seeing that indent, couldn't keep them. How do they fit? can you feel the indent? Does it go away when a tree, or foot, is inserted?
They fit snuggly. Is that how they are supposed to feel??

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Uhh are you sure? Fukin brown elastic on navy Liverpool?

No JR, no unlined suede, and brown elastic on any colors of Liverpool makes it very easy for me to hard pass this suede trunk show
Positive. I'm very sorry that you feel that way, maybe next time.

I know it's no Chelsea, but Navy works with Brown detailing. We've done it several times before, but this suede Acheson comes to mind:

Attachments

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How so?

Also, how is the 1757 last supposed to fit?
the indent looks like a broken counter, which is a material placed in toe to make it hard. Fixing is $$$ . 1757 fits large in toe

VeritasAequitas

Reaction score
I spent a good bit of time google searching different combos of suede. This would be my first ever suede purchase, actually. I have some questions. I guess the primary question I have is, is suede better as a casual shoe or can it work as a dress shoe or is it like everything else and just depends on the style and color?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loden suede Strands today—one of the possible models you can order in suede show.
View attachment 1323467
Is your Strand really the same color as that being offered in the TS as "loden"?
That label "loden" has been used in the past for a gray-green suede which was nearly indistinguishable from the "dark taupe," like shoenut is wearing above^

The "Loden" Hamilton shown in Ashley's photo looks more like a forest or hunter green, to my eye.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.