• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Bradley? :confused:
Yeah, Bradley seemed a no-brainer to me as it looks so good in suede. Was hoping to see the Delray version of suede, too. So, no split-toe model, I guess? However, the MacNeil (which very thankfully is being included) and the Plymouth look the most appealing opportunities to me. And either in chocolate, too.

Last edited:

pedarius

Reaction score
@ae_ashley any samples of the Randolph, Grayson, and Plymouth?
Not this time, but look to the South Beach and some of the styles we've done for RL Polo for inspo!
"Not at this time" . . . so, not to be pigheaded here, @ae_ashley, but does that mean "closer to trunk show time" or just a polite "no"? Kind of curious to see what a full strap, sleek-toed Randolph in suede looks like before I take the plunge. Could be tempted by a sand or loden Randy but it's a fairly formal style as loafers go.

BTW, glad to see my local store (Nashville) getting a piece of the action this time around!

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few comments and questions:

I really don’t see the big deal about using a “Genuine Shell” stamped JR sole on a suede upper. Are consumers going to confused? “Yes, Marge, I know it feels like suede but look here - the bottom says it’s shell.” Are the folks on the production line unable to understand an instruction to “go ahead and use these JR soles on these SMU suedes?”

if I’m not mistaken, Stead is an English suede COMPANY while Janus is a suede TYPE. Also, Janus suede is actually the reverse side of full grain calf leather and not split. Split suede, like Repello suede, is sliced in two layers (split) so is thinner. I think Ashley said all but one color is Janus. I’d love to know which one is not.

is the “Dainite” offered actual Dainite?

Are red,blue, and olive the only Dainite colors offered? No black or brown?

I’m guessing MRSP for the Macneil and Grayson will be $395? But what about the Dundee?

Is this the real Macneil or the 2.0?

Club house leaders at present:

* Snuff Macneil (1.0)?
* chocolate Grayson on leather
* loden

WNovizar

Reaction score
Brown elastic on everything (like the Walnut Liverpool)!
Uhh are you sure? Fukin brown elastic on navy Liverpool?

No JR, no unlined suede, and brown elastic on any colors of Liverpool makes it very easy for me to hard pass this suede trunk show

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I interrupt the suede love fest for just a moment.
1B03F67A-C2EC-4EF2-8BA0-B0CE2B2C181D.jpeg
Football grain and black calf this morning. Next week, grain will be acceptable all week leading up to Super Bowl Sunday.

Now that the suede trunk show has been announced, when will the March Madness Neumok trunk show announcement be made?:nest:

Now back to your special suede programming...

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ae_ashley let's get matching burgundy suede Strands.

The chocolate looks a lot darker than the 2014 brogue suede too. I may have to get one of those...
Need more and closer photos of the choco and gray suedes please @ae_ashley !
"Not at this time" . . . so, not to be pigheaded here, @ae_ashley, but does that mean "closer to trunk show time" or just a polite "no"? Kind of curious to see what a full strap, sleek-toed Randolph in suede looks like before I take the plunge. Could be tempted by a sand or loden Randy but it's a fairly formal style as loafers go.

BTW, glad to see my local store (Nashville) getting a piece of the action this time around!
Randolph in Navy suede would be killer if you can make Randolph stay on your foot.
Uhh are you sure? Fukin brown elastic on navy Liverpool?
Surely they would use the black elastic, which they stock for the black Liverpool, on Navy and Gray SMUs??

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Sand suede for a loafer, but unfortunately I can’t get a decent fit in either the Randolph or the Grayson in my normal size.

Does anyone think Sand works for a Leeds or a Mac?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shame DC got snubbd this go round. Was hoping to take part. Ah well probably for the best.
I may do Tyson’s Galleria

I like the Sand suede for a loafer, but unfortunately I can’t get a decent fit in either the Randolph or the Grayson in my normal size.

Does anyone think Sand works for a Leeds or a Mac?
I think sand wood work great on both actually.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may do Tyson’s Galleria
Two major reasons I couldn't personally. DC is already easily an hour's drive with parkway/50/95 boneheads. Tyson's would be 3 hours one way by the time of day I'd be able to head that direction.

Add to that the unshakable feeling the Galleria is a bit too.....reminiscent of the Kandahar Bazaar. Nicest way I can say it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.