• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not easy being green...
20190718_150357.jpg

20190718_150016.jpg

20191002_172139.jpg

AE Randolph full-strap penny loafers in green shell cordovan.

Draconestra

Reaction score
Well, I finally managed to break in my oxblood pair. They were tighter than usual so I had to use a boot stretcher, but they finally feel comfortable. Maybe the right boot needs a little bit more stretching, but it's feeling a lot better than when I first wore them.

I genuinely thought I was going crazy and that I was no longer a 9D, until I got the chocolate Daltons.

What's everyone doing for the holidays this year considering the virus is getting worse in the US. We're considering staying in or probably having dinner outdoors if we have a get together.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One is on the 511 last, the other is on the 65. The difference is 446.

Well played.:cool:

Though the Five last in an oxford is tricky for me (I wish my EE Cambridges were an E and a 1/2) my Black Hills in E (5 last) with their open lacing is a great fit. In Walnut it is the function equivalent of my Wilberts so I don’t recall how I ended up with both (actually, I do; spending too much time here). Both are great knockabout shoes and the leather used and the rubber soles make them great for bad weather days.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, I finally managed to break in my oxblood pair. They were tighter than usual so I had to use a boot stretcher, but they finally feel comfortable. Maybe the right boot needs a little bit more stretching, but it's feeling a lot better than when I first wore them.

I genuinely thought I was going crazy and that I was no longer a 9D, until I got the chocolate Daltons.

What's everyone doing for the holidays this year considering the virus is getting worse in the US. We're considering staying in or probably having dinner outdoors if we have a get together.
I am on 2 week quarantine as of Friday because someone in my office tested positive and I was near them long enough.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So apparently, years ago, AE made a brown grain NST shoe for Harry Rosen in Canada.
View attachment 1502080

A grain Bradley???!?!?
You seeing this, @mreams99??!?

Why not for us?? Are we not good enough?

I love my burg shell Bradleys. I also think the Bradley would have been great in suede. I have what is essentially a snuff suede Bonafe Bradley (“Bradafe?”) and it is a versatile shoe.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am on 2 week quarantine as of Friday because someone in my office tested positive and I was near them long enough.
Our entire office works from home since Friday. Only factory workers are present and we are trying to send as many home as possible.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Our entire office works from home since Friday. Only factory workers are present and we are trying to send as many home as possible.
Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but the suitsupply outlet just went live and I add things to my cart and then remember I'm not even going to an office and when I do it's business casual for the foreseeable future. No way to justify buying a suit even when it's on sale.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got kicked off the AE Enthusiasts page today. Boy that was easy. Just had to suggest that the way they manage the page is much more inconsistent than AE’s quality ever was.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but the suitsupply outlet just went live and I add things to my cart and then remember I'm not even going to an office and when I do it's business casual for the foreseeable future. No way to justify buying a suit even when it's on sale.
Our office has always been business casual and basically that meant to cover your tattoos. Lol. Oh, the other rule. No pajamas.

Joefitz

Reaction score
Quality? After all the rave reviews, bought first AE 6th avenue from Nordstroms rack. Stitching was uneven, loose threads, leather seems stiff and frankly not that comfortable. Has quality gone down, or did I just have some bad luck?

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Got kicked off the AE Enthusiasts page today. Boy that was easy. Just had to suggest that the way they manage the page is much more inconsistent than AE’s quality ever was.
I would need an actual Facebook account to even get on it which I refuse to make. It's a shame they don't have some other place like a forum (though I guess this thread works for that).

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quality? After all the rave reviews, bought first AE 6th avenue from Nordstroms rack. Stitching was uneven, loose threads, leather seems stiff and frankly not that comfortable. Has quality gone down, or did I just have some bad luck?
You bought the stuff they make for outlets and discount stores and not the firsts you'd expect. Even firsts can have some uneven stitching and loose threads. I don't know enough about the outlet stuff to say whether the leather is any worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads