• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-AE and pair 7 of the year. This breaks the quota, @AEfaninTampa

Good for you!

Anytime I have ever posted things like, “this is my last pair” or “I’m going to limit myself to only one pair this trunk show” or “I don’t need xxxxx shoe,” @ae_ashley or one of you other weasels talk me into another pair (I have very poor self control, obviously).

I have learned over the course of a few years on this forum (yes, I am a slow learner), that very few people, if any, manage to stay constrained to any self imposed limits.

Enjoy the new (and quite good looking!) acquisitions!
?

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first Stand (unless you count my one Strandmok) seems odd it's taken me this long, actually no it's not it's just taken this long for one I want to come into a price I'm willing to pay.

I do wish these were more green and less brown but I love the ratio of weave to solid leather on the Strand weave.

IMG_5016.jpg

I'm debating if I should pick up the Stand in carbon or maybe the McTavish in black waxed suede. Not sure I can really justify another gray shoe as I have two already.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
stand sneaker is growing on me.... o_O

not sure if i like it at a full price, but if they are at a big discount, i might go for it...

yeah i will admit, i hated the idea of PA or Stand as a sneaker, but after seeing both in person at my local AD, I did like how stand looked. PA did not look as good since i feel it is much more classic look so having it as a sneaker, just did not do it for me.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stand sneaker is growing on me.... o_O

not sure if i like it at a full price, but if they are at a big discount, i might go for it...

yeah i will admit, i hated the idea of PA or Stand as a sneaker, but after seeing both in person at my local AD, I did like how stand looked. PA did not look as good since i feel it is much more classic look so having it as a sneaker, just did not do it for me.
The PA sneaker is balanced differently, but I can see the Strand being more popular. That said, I think I prefer the PA in leather and Strand in suede.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random thoughts on WTB’s:

* I like how the curves are almost parallel on the Alden.

* A C&J Skye III is close to perfection for me.

* I don’t think anyone has mentioned the Long Branch. Even though it and the Dalton are supposed to country/city cousins on the same last, I’ve always thought the LB seemed to be a little better proportioned.

Hey, @madhat are you in Springfield or is just your sketch pad from there? :). Many moons ago we rented a duplex just north of Kickapoo High. We enjoyed our 3-4 years in Springfield.

Below: RL x AE Sandersons.
62F1CEF2-5706-482F-830B-A878FF0F34AC.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The PA sneaker is balanced differently, but I can see the Strand being more popular. That said, I think I prefer the PA in leather and Strand in suede.
I think the PA sneaker looks all around better than the Strand. Now, can they make it in my size? Felt like bags on my feet in 9 width.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm. What about a thicker insole swap
If I do, I will go with Shell. Then I will feel better about my Cobbler building me a custom insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics