• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, personally, still has the eyelet tab issue (extending would help), too shallow angle welt meet, and too much gap between quarters and wings.
Agree overall. In some ways they remind me a bit of the dalton but I like them a decent bit more than the dalton.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-AE and pair 7 of the year. This breaks the quota, @AEfaninTampa

Good for you!

Anytime I have ever posted things like, “this is my last pair” or “I’m going to limit myself to only one pair this trunk show” or “I don’t need xxxxx shoe,” @ae_ashley or one of you other weasels talk me into another pair (I have very poor self control, obviously).

I have learned over the course of a few years on this forum (yes, I am a slow learner), that very few people, if any, manage to stay constrained to any self imposed limits.

Enjoy the new (and quite good looking!) acquisitions!
😍

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first Stand (unless you count my one Strandmok) seems odd it's taken me this long, actually no it's not it's just taken this long for one I want to come into a price I'm willing to pay.

I do wish these were more green and less brown but I love the ratio of weave to solid leather on the Strand weave.

IMG_5016.jpg

I'm debating if I should pick up the Stand in carbon or maybe the McTavish in black waxed suede. Not sure I can really justify another gray shoe as I have two already.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
stand sneaker is growing on me.... o_O

not sure if i like it at a full price, but if they are at a big discount, i might go for it...

yeah i will admit, i hated the idea of PA or Stand as a sneaker, but after seeing both in person at my local AD, I did like how stand looked. PA did not look as good since i feel it is much more classic look so having it as a sneaker, just did not do it for me.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stand sneaker is growing on me.... o_O

not sure if i like it at a full price, but if they are at a big discount, i might go for it...

yeah i will admit, i hated the idea of PA or Stand as a sneaker, but after seeing both in person at my local AD, I did like how stand looked. PA did not look as good since i feel it is much more classic look so having it as a sneaker, just did not do it for me.
The PA sneaker is balanced differently, but I can see the Strand being more popular. That said, I think I prefer the PA in leather and Strand in suede.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random thoughts on WTB’s:

* I like how the curves are almost parallel on the Alden.

* A C&J Skye III is close to perfection for me.

* I don’t think anyone has mentioned the Long Branch. Even though it and the Dalton are supposed to country/city cousins on the same last, I’ve always thought the LB seemed to be a little better proportioned.

Hey, @madhat are you in Springfield or is just your sketch pad from there? :). Many moons ago we rented a duplex just north of Kickapoo High. We enjoyed our 3-4 years in Springfield.

Below: RL x AE Sandersons.
62F1CEF2-5706-482F-830B-A878FF0F34AC.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The PA sneaker is balanced differently, but I can see the Strand being more popular. That said, I think I prefer the PA in leather and Strand in suede.
I think the PA sneaker looks all around better than the Strand. Now, can they make it in my size? Felt like bags on my feet in 9 width.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the PA sneaker looks all around better than the Strand. Now, can they make it in my size? Felt like bags on my feet in 9 width.
What is your size

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm. What about a thicker insole swap
If I do, I will go with Shell. Then I will feel better about my Cobbler building me a custom insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.