• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
...We live in a global age with the internet, it's time people move on from the "mom & pop" idea. It's dead like the USSR and ska music.
As a gen-x-er, I disagree and believe ska is alive and well.

It’s not the lowering prices, it’s the poor quality (they are shipping second quality as firsts lot)...
Second quality as firsts of what? I buy my Saphir products from a trusted seller and have had no problems....
Amazon is known to mix stock between it's own and third party sellers so while you may choose a trusted seller you may not actually get their stock shipped to you. And the Chinese are known for rampant fake products being stocked at Amazon and sent out as real.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you're describing is "whataboutism" and that's not what I'm doing. I'm actually asking you if you're a hypocrite or not.
I don’t know about a lot of what has been discussed the last few days. Here are my reasons not to shop at the following: Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Sam’s, Target. I just like to buy what I need when I need it. Big stores are hard for me to shop in. I buy food at a local grocery store. They have everything that I need and it is easy to find. Amazon is the same for me, just too much stuff and I don’t know how to navigate the electronic swamp on those big internet sites. I just like buying from the people that I know.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do you hate American auto companies as well then? They don't have a great history of treating employees well. Do you buy your meat only from a farmer? Meat factories have a bad reputation as well. The list goes on... I'm sure I could find something or someone you purchase from that has a bad reputation when it comes to workers.
At least they do not union-bust like Amazon.

OldTown

Reaction score
At least they do not union-bust like Amazon.

You are going to argue that the US auto industry and factory food industries don't have a record of union busting? That's a hill you're willing to die on? Ok...

I'm assuming someone with a name like NYCTechNerd probably works in the tech industry. Of all the people who want to lecture about unions, someone working in the tech industry should be the last to throw stones.

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
If you think calling you a hypocrite because you fail to live up to your own ideals based on purchasing habits is the same thing as a debate on society as a whole then you're hopeless.

Attacking the accuser rather than making a logical counterpoint is a sign of a losing side.
You’re engaging in a tu quoque argument, and the cartoon shows an example.
“How can you be against Amazon’s business practices when you use these other businesses that have terrible practices,” is not an actual defense of Amazon’s terrible treatment of their workers. It’s just deflection.
Hope this helps.
Edit: Instead of this page becoming the comments section on Facebook or YouTube, feel free to DM me to continue this conversation. No one else really cares about this stuff.

Last edited:

OldTown

Reaction score
You’re engaging in a tu quoque argument, and the cartoon shows an example.
“How can you be against Amazon’s business practices when you use these other businesses that have terrible practices,” is not an actual defense of Amazon’s terrible treatment if their workers. It’s just deflection.
Hope this helps.
So you're basically admitting that you're a hypocrite.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Bezos and Amazon hate people have these days is some of the most irrational thing I've seen. Amazon lowering prices to compete (which makes other large retailers like Target and Walmart do the same) is a good thing for the customer. We live in a global age with the internet, it's time people move on from the "mom & pop" idea. It's dead like the USSR and ska music.
people care about AMZN’s anti competitive practices

i don’t think there is any data to support the contention AMZN forces others to lower prices because Walmart’s prices are already 34% lower. AMZN’s model is based on convenience not price (in fact it’s the convenience that creates pricing power)

So you're basically admitting that you're a hypocrite.
Your argument shouldn’t be that he’s a hypocrite, it should be that his objections indicate a problem with corporate America generally rather than AMZN specifically

i have no issues with Bezos or AMZN in general

apologies for the OT, back to shoes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above