• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jimmy R

Reaction score
I do my best to really listen to you all while also managing expectations and protecting the future of custom product in general. I think most people here are really reasonable. It hurts my heart when I see people nitpicking on what falls within the margins of acceptable 'quirk' as it pertains to shell and custom handcrafted product, but luckily I don't see much of that here. Any kind of custom program is a fragile thing...but It's the most exciting aspect of my job, frankly. I love trying to make this stuff possible for you all. I already have some ideas for what we are doing next...and after that...I think we'd at least be open to some suggestions.
I greatly appreciate the opportunity to order the Hamiltons in shell cordovan this September and am really enjoying the burgundy ones I got on Friday. My only regret is that I didn't grab a pair in Chili too! The ones shown a few posts before me look awesome!

shahtirthak

Reaction score
Walton in 13D...my first pair of AE about 15 months ago when it was trial and error with regards sizing and me based in Singapore.
Now I am 13EEE in most AE lasts but can make this pair work due to the wider 73 last. 12 hours straight...no problemo! Still my only black formal shoes. Don't need a black PA !!
Polka dot socks never go out of fashion too :)
20201020_110752.jpg
20201020_110842.jpg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1A today. But if I had my choice between football grain and a PA sneaker, it would be the sneaker.
AE4CCC3C-11F1-4E20-A360-6D59440AE48C.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Walton in 13D...my first pair of AE about 15 months ago when it was trial and error with regards sizing and me based in Singapore.
Now I am 13EEE in most AE lasts but can make this pair work due to the wider 73 last. 12 hours straight...no problemo! Still my only black formal shoes. Don't need a black PA !!
View attachment 1480566View attachment 1480567
*squints*
split reverse welt. Check. Derby pattern. Check. Algonquin. Check. Black...hmm...ah, yes, check.
*Inputs data into supercomputer*
*computer noises *
Walton = Park Ave formality
*faints*

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we’re doing a webgm I hope I can order some Daltons in Navy Calf, or maybe even Navy Shell if I got the money for it.
navy shell, you say?

E47BA1B7-D9FF-4589-BAF6-AE69F6EF7DA7.jpeg
232D27BF-C4DF-4E5F-BE62-20E86C235B95.jpeg
58CC53E5-6209-4421-857C-1476FD12E169.jpeg

shahtirthak

Reaction score
*squints*
split reverse welt. Check. Derby pattern. Check. Algonquin. Check. Black...hmm...ah, yes, check.
*computer noises *
*faints*
Also, Double Leather sole. Check.

ptfly

Reaction score
🚨RDA IS HERE!🚨

Best prices of the season...and yes, that includes new Fall styles like the new Natural CXL Patton and Higgins, and Suede Strandmoks!

- 25% off ALL F2 product and Q1 clearance (through outlet stores only)!
- Up to $150 off current Q1 product!
- 30% off bags and apparel!
- 20% off belts!

Shop early to avoid missing out on limited stock!
Are these the 4100 Snuff Brown strandmoks? In natural light they appear a lot lighter than the stock pics. I have two of the brown suede strands and dyed one more chocolate. I almost ordered this new snuff brown one as the stock pics look darker than mine. I really regret not getting in on the suede TS :blush: especially for dark brown.

NYCTechNerd

Reaction score
View attachment 1480566View attachment 1480567
*squints*
*computer noises *
*faints*
Also, Double Leather sole. Check.

Gentlemen, it's 2020 so take your outdated style guides and throw them out the window. Remember, we now have a Park Avenue sneaker. I consider myself a conservative "formal/business" dresser having grown up and spent most of my life in NYC/Manhattan but even I have no issue with a black dress-like blucher when worn with a suit. It is not appropriate with a Tux but otherwise fine for business attire (but I have never worked on wall street or in a law firm). Most Oxfords do not work for me so I had to find a black dress shoe that did.

My personal black dress shoe is the Alden Straight Tip Blucher 971 Black Calfskin (as seen below).

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of the beautiful black shell wings on Modified.

PXL_20201020_134100056.jpg
PXL_20201020_133458198.jpg
PXL_20201020_133435428.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford