• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

vdubiv

Reaction score

Vincent George

Reaction score
What size are these? Maybe I can score them as F2
Haha 10eee.

The problem is that I really like how the color came out (tone, hues, gradient, etc.).

Not sure if / how I should make a stink. My SA will be in on Monday, so I know we’ll talk (I emailed photos).

I wouldn’t want them to re-welt / resole, as AE doesn’t use the same welt holes—thus making for problems down the line (fewer proper re-soles possible because of loss of viable material)...

I’ll probably just piss and moan here a little and end up keeping, but, again, I really did like the idea and look of a flat welt on these (especially seated on JR).

OldTown

Reaction score
Is it normal not to get a shoebank email after you make an order over the phone? I gave my email over the phone but still waiting on a confirmation email.

MajorDash

Reaction score
Is it normal not to get a shoebank email after you make an order over the phone? I gave my email over the phone but still waiting on a confirmation email.
It took 1.5 days for me to get mine.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Splendor In The Grass"

Wearing snuff suede Neumoks today.

IMG_5292.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures.

IMG_5264.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want them to re-welt / resole, as AE doesn’t use the same welt holes—thus making for problems down the line (fewer proper re-soles possible because of loss of viable material)...
They won't do this because it would require a recraft and thus the shoes couldn't be sold as "new." I had this same question last year. However, I'm confident AE will work out a solution for you. They did for me.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Night of 1000 Jack o Lanterns with my Longbranches.

IMG_20201017_205746.jpg
IMG_20201017_205629.jpg
IMG_20201017_215546.jpg

pbrandes

Reaction score
One more RDA purchase, Pattons in natural chromex:

IMG_4891.JPG

There's a slight L-R color difference which doesn't bother me in the least—variance is part of chromex charm.

Very nice. However, I'm not seeing as big of a difference between natural and brown chromex as we saw in this post of Ashley's.

In comparison with my OG brown Higgies, there isn't much daylight between them:

IMG_4890.jpg

I believe AE's current brown chromex is significantly darker than my original brown, which would account for the difference. The current Horween natty is certainly an attractive option, but this is something owners of older brown chromex models may want to consider. Unless the current natty will change color in a significant way with age, I'm not seeing enough difference that would cause me to reach for one over the other.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami