• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bluejazzmonkey

Reaction score
Speaking of midnight navy, my PA shoes arrived this morning. The black burnishing on this pair was done quite well. I may sell off my larger size pair and just keep this one. Then again, it might be a good idea to keep my old pair just in case my feet get longer as I age. As expected, the leather is quite stiff, but they fit perfectly. They actually feel wider than my pair that is a half size longer. Weird. For $112, these are a steal. Thank you, Charleston!

View attachment 1479045
View attachment 1479046
I own one pair of Midnight Navy AE and I love them. Those PA's are fantastic! BUT....... Andrew. I hate to break it to you, but nothing gets longer as you age (nothing). When you get older, you become smaller and wrinkled. You should plan on it.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own one pair of Midnight Navy AE and I love them. Those PA's are fantastic! BUT....... Andrew. I hate to break it to you, but nothing gets longer as you age (nothing). When you get older, you become smaller and wrinkled. You should plan on it.
My feet are at least 1/2 an inch longer and my nose longer than that.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going with the other A boot this afternoon. Looks like my wife will be spending a significant amount of time in Mexico. Oh well.
02B66868-98AE-4534-B909-B83738F159B1.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, I love my new burgundy Daltons so much, I wanted to order a second pair in either Chili and/or Brown. There's only one problem: When I choose my options, it shows a Double Redenbach sole in addition to the Dainite one I want in the cart. My fear is that I order and I get the leather soles instead of the Dainite. Any idea what's up with the site? Any idea @ae_ashley?
Can you hold off until Monday? I can tell you for sure then.

schweezly

Reaction score
What do the SF-AE think about this build (not mine). I would have probably chosen a black sole but I give credit to the person for going all out on their vision (built by Allen at Cobblers Plus).
- Is it still a dress shoe?
- Is it as good (or as bad) as the new AE dress sneakers?

It seems to really fit into our "new normal" of WFH or much more casual lifestyle. I am tempted to do one in brown/coffee/chili with the Cristy 4104 natural sole (or a similar Vibram wedge sole in Brown). Thoughts?

I think it can work, but the problem is the colors clash too much for me
Going with the other A boot this afternoon. Looks like my wife will be spending a significant amount of time in Mexico. Oh well.
View attachment 1479117
A well fitting Indy is one of the most comfortable around. I almost grabbed a pair of 2nds in that make up but someone beat me to it

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's