• We would like welcome Sprezzaboxto the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just snagged a pair of shell randolphs for a song that I'm going to restore. Pics to follow when they land. They have some excess creasing, which I think is why they sold for so little. A perfect opportunity to try the water soak method that I was just reading about here for anyone that might have missed it:

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freeman Strands today. Coincidentally, a consultant I met with today was wearing AE Strands. #shoebros4life
IMG_20200122_085820.jpg
IMG_20200122_093134.jpg

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Strands of his have seen some things... they're in dire need of a good cleaning, conditioning, polishing, and edge dressing.
True story

Joe Schmoe

Reaction score
I decided to go super casual today with khaki jeans and Eagle Counties. As a guy who likes the prep look, I generally don't participate in most male fashion trends. The prep look never really changes so I just buy new clothes when my old outfits wear out. But I've got to say that recent innovations in jeans technology, like khaki jeans, are fantastic. And now people in Los Angeles are borrowing the khakis with fleece jacket look from NYC. This, too, is fantastic. I can wear jeans, a t-shirt, a fleece jacket and Eagle Counties to the office and fit right in. Obviously I wouldn't do this if I had a meeting scheduled; I'd choose a dressier outfit. But for days like today -- it's fantastic.

TBH entered the workforce in the mid-1990's just as "casual Friday" was being adopted. People wore suits from Monday-Thursday. Within about 4 or 5 years every day was "casual Friday." The old days were better. People looked better. I hope the pendulum swings in the other direction. That said -- since we've all got to live in the world as it is, rather than the world as we'd wish it to be -- I loves me these khaki jeans and I hope the fleece jacket trend sticks around for a while. It's what I was already wearing on weekends!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's just how people's shoes look who are not like us. I've seen a lot of bankers with similar looking Strands.
Right. Most who even buy an AE or two will never clean or polish it—let alone condition it.

matwa

Reaction score
Badlands today
01-22-20 Badlands.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the Brogue Suede Strands today and once again confirmed replacing the Dainte heels with plain rubber heels does not affect the performance of the shoes.

Looking at this picture just noticed the right shoe lace had loosened during the over two hours had just spent sitting in a chair at the DMV (yes, had an appointment) while waiting to renewing my license.

If I didn't have an appointment (mine was for 9:00am) would probably still be sitting in a chair at the DMV.

IMG_3722.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures.

Shortly after taking this picture a young boy said it was a nice jacket and asked where I got it. Somehow don't think the answer, at Brooks Brothers around 1970 was the answer he was hoping for.

IMG_3723.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a Coronation Chicken sandwich and me.

IMG_3720.jpeg

Having a Coronation Chicken sandwich seemed to be a appropriate way of celebrating the Queen ridding herself of that turbulent couple, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Hewitt.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can high shine sneakers
25F00059-653F-40CE-8D98-D80E8F069315.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 77 17.1%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 149 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.4%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%