• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well crap. The snuff on the website looked more dark brown; this looks like proper snuff. Combined with the contrast stitching, this is exactly what I've been wanting.

Me too. This shade of snuff is just different enough from the other four snuff Strands I have.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Store update!

When you call your favorite store, we have a new automated system that will help you reach recrafting, contact consumer care, and check gift card balances. If you want to reach your regular associate, bypass that by pressing 5 and you'll be speaking to the staff you are familiar with. I highly encourag emailing if you are unable to reach them from now on within store hours. If you select consumer care, it takes you to the helpline. FYI.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a package from Calares today. I was so excited to receive my trunk show order so fast! Then I got super disappointed when I saw the sole of the shoes were white--not the red I ordered. I looked closer at the uppers and noticed that it also wasn't dark marbled cognac--or even shell cordovan! Wait a minute. I looked closer. AE sent me some nice, new PA Sneakers and an awesome letter! I haven't had a chance to wear them yet except to stick one of my orthotics in and put them on quickly. The fit seems great though from that first check. I'll report back with more info later!

Note: the letter also says that I should mention that I received the sneakers as a gift from Allen Edmonds as a way of thanking me for my ongoing support.

Nice, touch. FYI, @ae_ashley

AESneakers.jpg
AE-Letter.jpg

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a package from Calares today. I was so excited to receive my trunk show order so fast! Then I got super disappointed when I saw the sole of the shoes were white--not the red I ordered. I looked closer at the uppers and noticed that it also wasn't dark marbled cognac--or even shell cordovan! Wait a minute. I looked closer. AE sent me some nice, new PA Sneakers and an awesome letter! I haven't had a chance to wear them yet except to stick one of my orthotics in and put them on quickly. The fit seems great though from that first check. I'll report back with more info later!

Note: the letter also says that I should mention that I received the sneakers as a gift from Allen Edmonds as a way of thanking me for my ongoing support.

View attachment 1473691 View attachment 1473692

Wow! That's awesome!

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like I told you, this is from us to you simply because you've been so supportive of our journey into the sneaker space right from the start. Thanks for being awesome. And open minded. I hope you love them.

Jimmy R

Reaction score
Anyone know if the weather proof leather takes shoe cream as well as your average calf?

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing (made in 1984) Oakmont saddle shoes today.

IMG_5184.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, at UCLA Medical Center this morning.

IMG_5183.jpeg

Extra Added Attraction Picture: The scariest thing I have ever seen in a doctor's office, the thing on the screen between the big ear and the ********.

IMG_5186.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's very nice of AE, I have over 90 pair and can't even get on the mailing list. Way to go EZB!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m looking forward to hearing how you like these, and seeing how you wear them.

I have two pairs of AE sneakers — the Brisbane and the Porter. They are much more casual than your new pair. I’ve only worn them with denim or shorts, so I’m really interested in how yours work out.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats @EZB! You certainly have been a proponent of the AE dress sneakers. Can’t wait to see you wearing them around town (or the house if you don’t get out much).

Chose some green shell for a visit to the eye doctor. I can see well enough to know that my shoes were much better than his. ;)
View attachment 1473796
We don't wear shoes around the house. I was tempted to make these indoor shoes for a while to get a lot of wear, but I think I need to wear them outside! I actually may not wear them tomorrow and may wear them Saturday instead when I take my older son for outdoor karate and maybe also go for a walk to the park with him.

I’m looking forward to hearing how you like these, and seeing how you wear them.

I have two pairs of AE sneakers — the Brisbane and the Porter. They are much more casual than your new pair. I’ve only worn them with denim or shorts, so I’m really interested in how yours work out.

I have the Cooper, which is much more casual, but still "smart." I also have two Cobbler Union Uno sneakers, which are a closer comparison to the PA Sneaker. I'll do a detailed review and compare them in more detail sometime later. The PA Sneaker is much more sleek than the Uno. The Uno is thicker, has a much thicker outsole, and is a derby. The Uno also weighs a whole lot more.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Nothing like pumpkin-patching in chromexcel Long Branches, made in USA.
1EC7824A-C0CB-4A79-AB03-76311755B32B.jpeg
455B51DB-4D1A-435B-9A83-BD53001DEA4B.jpeg
D04A0347-C140-40E6-BA80-35A7D18CA9C3.jpeg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Sorry double post.

Last edited:

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Going with one of the most disrespected pairs that AE made in recent years—the OG Shannon Drive in olive with a butyl sole on the 201. I mostly wear boots these days, but these make the short list of shoes I break out. Shortly after these were made, AE started selling first quality pairs on eBay for $119, which is where I picked them up. Or, maybe it wasn't "shortly," but it felt like they pulled these from the lineup pretty quick only to have them reappear later with slightly different leather and much different Vibram soles. Anyway, I'm not quite sure why this shoe wasn't more popular back in the day, but everyone else's loss was my gain.

Looked at my spreadsheet today amongst all the other spreadsheet talk going on and realized I'd yet to wear these mofos in 2020. Usually, I break them out on St. Patrick's day and give them plenty of wear on casual Fridays and in the summer with no-show socks. Obviously, this year isn't like most years, so they've been sitting in the closet, begging for attention. I see you Shannon Drives, and I feel you, and I respect your right to be worn. Enjoy my feet for today, you've earned them.

View attachment 1465165

Those shoes deserve more respect. AE should re-introduce an American-made version. The leather is very soft and I love the wedge sole. Some days I need a softer shoe than my beloved MacNeils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads