• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
Oxblood, imho, is awesome..and though not exclusive to just oxblood, indoors, sunshine and shade each produce a distinct color. Like three shoes in one! Sort of. ☺
Love my oxblood strands - wear them more than my chili shell ones 😳

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, no problem! On another note, there is a lace-up shoe you favor, in burgundy, that I particularly like to see...but forget which model now! Will try to figure it out.
Ok, @woofmang, I have it now, your vintage black cherry bristols. Appropriate too, your sporting them in a driveway, imho, as they remind me of long-hooded vintage english sports cars....like this..

Attachments

BFT9000

Reaction score
That's disgusting. Not the buying 30 pairs, but that 30 pairs *only* cost $12k...
Speaking of shoe market value, last year when I posted the Strand Wheel picture I think I said the equivalent price of my collection was a brand new Jeep Renegade.

Now that I have 20 more Strands than I did when I posted that picture, I think we're looking at a Chrysler 300.

Maybe in a year I can move on up to Mercedes C-Class?

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a F2 pair of Weatherproof Pattons. I'm partially envious that my unique size makes desirable seconds scarce (I saw those chili boots the other day @AEfaninTampa), and partially grateful because I have plenty to wear anyways and don't need the temptation. Organized the closet a bit over the holidays and found that I had over 50 pair of shoes! My unique size also means I'm tremendously loyal (and grateful!) to AE and over 40 of those were AE.

Absolutely love these new boots, @ae_ashley checked them out for me and other than a scuff on the right boot they are fine. I've decided my favorite lasts are, in order, 1757, 511, and 97 plus cousins (esp. 678). I love cap toes (I have Eagle Counties on the 222 and FAs on the 201), but these fit me better and I'm glad to have such a comfortable cap toe.

View attachment 1313236

For fans of food pictures....this is a Christmas gift from my brother. It's a 14 pound cured ham from Spain, similar to proscuitto (better IMHO). You literally leave it on your counter and just carve it down as you use it, it'll last a couple months. Told him I wanted to try keto, he said with this sitting in plain sight you wont want anything else.

View attachment 1313238

If anyone happens to be driving through Utah in the next two months, tapas at my place. :)
Whoa, what a special gift. Have had it in Spain but never here. Enjoy. 🌞

Last edited:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indy Line: Abandon or Reimagine?
4FD5030B-1D28-4217-84EC-627B039AE341.jpeg

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You and I are in the same boat - 10.5EEE with a high instep. The 65 is not great with closed lacing, and ok with open lacing, while the 201 with its higher cone works in closed lacing if I size down to 10EEE.
I have four pairs of MacNeils, two pairs of Graysons (97 last) and five pairs of Leeds, a Dalton, a Long Branch and a Sullivan Street (all 511), because those lasts work really well for me.
I will say the Alden Hampton last works surprisingly well in closed lacing. Highly recommended.
2nded.
Alden Hampton has considerably more volume and 3/16in more in width than the 65 last in the same size.
+1. Hampton last gives the additional room I personally need and can’t get on the 65.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, @woofmang, I have it now, your vintage black cherry bristols. Appropriate too, your sporting them in a driveway, imho, as they remind me of long-hooded vintage english sports cars....like this..
Ahh, yes... one of my favorites, too! Here's a reprise of the last picture of these taken in the driveway (the day before Christmas Eve, last year):

20191223_bristols-a.jpg

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone quickly direct me to the welt and welt color options for the trunk show?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I really the only AEAT member getting a PA sneaker in TS20.2?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's