• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Random thought ahead, maybe I'm crazy.

So they do shell trunk shows. They've done a suede show. How about a CXL show? Strands in brown or natty CXL? First avenue boots? They could do some pretty interesting stuff. CXL Cornwallis or Moras?

Anyone? No one?

Last edited:

ptfly

Reaction score
First outing for my Sullivans. I wore them partially because temps are dropping but mainly to help me decide if/what I might order from the TS.
Initially Landon marbled was my pick but maybe that is sort of covered by these coffee sullivans.
My office "may" be getting more casual monday-thursday in the future so I have been cautious to acquire more dressier shoes.
Probably forgetting a few boots but I have liverpool in walnut and brown suede, tan HG, oxblood daltons, black nomads, tan hamiltons and a few casual non AE boots I am about to bring downstairs.
Considering landon or hamilton in chili with antique welt/edge (I have strands in chili with brown edge). Maybe a hamilton in marbled (not sure if I prefer brown or antique welt) or maybe park in DMC (I have a burgundy shell park).
I have green and blue really covered. Weaseling/comments welcomed.

sullivan first a.jpg

sullivan first b.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made my trunk show order today.... and hit my shoe quota, @AEfaninTampa —we are at risk of overflow

PANJ

Reaction score

So they do shell trunk shows. They've done a suede show. How about a CXL show? Strands in brown or natty CXL? First avenue boots? They could do some pretty interesting stuff. CXL Cornwallis or Moras?

Anyone? No one?
What about a Bradley in CXL? Preferably natural/

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Some thoughts on the Landon & private fitting:

1. Private fitting is pretty nice; keep that option.
2. Landon is a bit roomy. I'm a brannock 9D with low instep and tried a Landon 9D which fit perfectly with my normal socks & inserts. The 8.5D fit perfectly with normal socks & no insert. The Landon 9D fits like a First Ave 9E but less toe length by approx a quarter inch.
3. I don't have the HM but in respect to the First Ave, the Landon is shorter (more like an ankle boot), toe box is pretty similar but the overall boot is wider.

Ordered Landon, green shell, double JR, storm welt, chocolate/brown.

Attachments

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some thoughts on the Landon & private fitting:

1. Private fitting is pretty nice; keep that option.
2. Landon is a bit roomy. I'm a brannock 9D with low instep and tried a Landon 9D which fit perfectly with my normal socks & inserts. The 8.5D fit perfectly with normal socks & no insert. The Landon 9D fits like a First Ave 9E but less toe length by approx a quarter inch.
3. I don't have the HM but in respect to the First Ave, the Landon is shorter (more like an ankle boot), toe box is pretty similar but the overall boot is wider.
Hmm...that sounds a bit at odds with how I pictured from other reviews...guess I'll know in a week or so!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone? No one?
I would like take natural CXL cornwallis and natural CXL strands in a heartbeat. Prolly natural CXL first avenue as well

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like take natural CXL cornwallis and natural CXL strands in a heartbeat. Prolly natural CXL first avenue as well
How about a CXL MacNeil

schweezly

Reaction score
Im likely sitting out this TS, but in honor of it I got these out today. Really need to brush them more and also find something to help with the squeak/leathery sound when i walk

bourbon is still my favorite shade. I’d love another pair but it makes more sense to go brown next on whatever it is

0B6120A5-62CA-4E4F-82FA-5057518B7109.jpeg

Vincent George

Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE's suede belt options have been limited for the last few years, with no real options to match the suede TS offerings.

Where is the best place to look for a belt to match the recent TS offerings (CF Stead IIRC, especially what was called "snuff")?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's