• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OldTown

Reaction score
probably the same way somebody would laugh at you for not wearing a three-piece suit every time you leave the house? Lol
I fail to see how the two relate at all.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Monday,

Strange year in the Rockies, the leaves are changing in the mountains but it's still damn hot for this time of year in the valleys. High 80s all week, which is better than the low 100s we had in August. I'm taking my queues from the high country and switching to boots this week.

Chili HMs from TS19.2

HM_Chili_25.jpg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

vdubiv

Reaction score
Last edited:

quickonthetree

Reaction score
Can I offer my perspective here?

- I keep a log of everything I expect to sell personally for the trunk show, and I have a fair amount of sneakers on that list. A notable amount.

- sneakers have continued to be one the fastest growing pieces of our business. I'm looking into what the exact percentage of our business last month was comprised of sneakers, but I know the last few months prior was around 20%.

- I truly don't understand why casual styles and our heritage line cannot coexist. We have been more enthusiast focused than we have been in YEARS. Well before Caleres. My being here to listen and report your desires is an example of that. My entire job as grassroots engagement manager is to listen to what you want and see where we can deliver on that. I can tell you there are SEVERAL styles coming down the pipeline this fall that are directly due to you all asking for it. And you will love them. If we were only focused on sneakers we probably wouldn't be doing trunk shows at all. We wouldn't be planning webgems. We wouldn't be finding time to squeeze in a GMTO asap. I can also assure you that we are more focused on customization than we've probably ever been.

My point with all due respect is that not everything is for everyone, and you may not like the new sneakers, but many people do (including myself, honestly). And we haven't stopped catering to those who just aren't looking for them.
Because sneakers do not belong in the AE lineup. They are an abomination and should be burned in a funeral pyre.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's