• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on best color cup soles for the shell PA sneaker? i am going navy, just assuming white at the moment.
For Navy White is the best option. For most other colors I would tend to choose some other color.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on best color cup soles for the shell PA sneaker? i am going navy, just assuming white at the moment.
white. Black could be ok. Blue could work or be terrible.
For Navy White is the best option. For most other colors I would tend to choose some other color.
I’m thinking of doing red with marbled dark cognac. What do you think?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
white. Black could be ok. Blue could work or be terrible.

I’m thinking of doing red with marbled dark cognac. What do you think?
You are talking to a guy who dyed a lot of my sole edges on brown shoes red. I like it.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the mood for jeans.
E2E58454-5B5B-498E-B970-168846546534.jpeg

OldTown

Reaction score
Please kind sir, enlighten us with your superior knowledge the one true path of shoe purchasing.
I cannot wait to see how the people buying these shell sneakers pair them and how they look. I am expecting much laughter but I will hold out judging anyone until then.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot wait to see how the people buying these shell sneakers pair them and how they look. I am expecting much laughter but I will hold out judging anyone until then.
I was watching local news a few days ago and the man and woman were in a full length body shot (proper social distance as well) and he was young wearing a dark suit with brown sneakers and a bright white rubber sole and edges. I know that it is "in style" at the moment but, old fart that I am, I think it looks dumb.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They ought to pair with and as well as any other sneaker, no? Denim, casual chinos. I don’t know why you’d give 5 bills for sneaks, but I’m cheap like that.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably the same way somebody would laugh at you for not wearing a three-piece suit every time you leave the house? Lol

One-month appointment today. I chose Chelseas

1B30E9F2-B605-4D7A-BBDD-77D7C8D93063.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think suede or CXL is a better match to the sneakers, personally, but I think as long as they don't push them to a super high shine they won't stand out as much as some think. Basically in a casual setting these could be a high patina shoe, just like a pull up leather.
Buffing to a super high shine might result in a look similar to the shinny vinyl Airwalks a friend had in the late 90s...and we ragged him about them.

I will reserve judgement until I see them on foot.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's