• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NON-AE... Thursday just released a sneaker now. The interesting part to me is the material: Natty CXL available.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yours have a name? Lucky bastard! Mine have nothing but an imprinted AE logo. No remnants of a name anywhere. Also, I'm not sure mine have a poron insole. I'm kind of a PoronMoron™, but this doesn't seem to look or feel like a poron insole. If I'm mistaken, that error is on me, and I will do my poron penance later.

View attachment 1460465

And, I'm not sure how I forgot to mention the Janus suede. Thanks for reinforcing my idiocy.

Regardless, more people should have access to these chukkas. What say I send my chukkas to your chukkas with a couple bottles of Boone's Farm strawberry wine and an Al Green CD and we leave them alone for a couple of nights? 9 months later, we should have a whole litter of these chukkas we can put in others' hands. (Someone please correct me if I don't have the gestation rate of suede chukkas correct.)
Well, you done taught me a thing or two! No poron indeed.
IMG_20200917_174325.jpg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NON-AE... Thursday just released a sneaker now. The interesting part to me is the material: Natty CXL available.

The tan Essex is lighter than the natural.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another mid-60s day called for another suede shoe. This is the chukka with no name that I got from our favorite eBay seller. They came with a bit of spotting on one of the vamps that I need to hit with some suede cleaner. Built on the same last as the Higgins Mill, but at 11D, it's a half-size down from what I usually wear. Hey, beggars can't be choosers with such a low run of these bad boys. Love the welt, love the unlined sued, and love the blue (although I really should be wearing these with a lighter color pants). "Meh" on the crepe sole and I wish they had 3 eyelets, but those are about my only gripes. I'm surprised this one didn't get a final run and a real name. AE should definitely think about bringing these back, but with a different sole. I'd be OK if AE called them the "Hoatie."

Sorry for the lousy pose. I either need to hem these jeans, or I need to make my legs longer. Focusing more on my leg game than my jeans game lately. Got started on building a couple of Morris chairs for my dad and myself. Laminated quarter sawn white oak with band sawn veneers on the side. I only wish my own legs were as sexy as these.
View attachment 1460419

View attachment 1460420
If you have wood left over, I would like an Eames chair, please. ☺

shahtirthak

Reaction score
Hamilton in Cognac today.

20200918_113012.jpg

20200918_113039.jpg

20200918_112043.jpg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score