• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is this world coming to?

Delivered today from someone in Wisconsin. Bought on that popular auction site for just under $20 shipped.
EBCE8914-B12B-458E-A76D-D0FCC855BA47.jpeg
$.20 worth of Bick4 and a little elbow grease. I needed an extra pair anyway. The ones in my Avatar are getting quite abused these days (just look at the toes).

sam67

Reaction score
What is this world coming to?

Delivered today from someone in Wisconsin. Bought on that popular auction site for just under $20 shipped.
View attachment 1459845
$.20 worth of Bick4 and a little elbow grease. I needed an extra pair anyway. The ones in my Avatar are getting quite abused these days (just look at the toes).
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore. --Yogi Berra

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the welt on this? I’m gunning for light welt and chili with the Hamilton.
Phenomenal! What is the color of the edge you have on these? Assuming these were the buff welt?
I ordered the buff edge option during the last shell cordovan trunk show, and left it in Karina's hands.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bluejazz is. Madhat is a former Clarinetist. :D
I played the trumpet, horribly, I might add. My love of the trumpet had no bearing on my ability to play the damn thing.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed! I thought the natural welt/cream stitching was a gamble when I set up the order, but I think they came out incredibly well. Thinking of getting some cream colored laces as well to complete the effect.

The only other pair of marbled #8 Strands I'm aware of are the ones that @JbstormburstADV got. And those are completely different than mine. They don't have the dark toe/light body effect and look a little more subdued with the darker welt/stitching, but are still amazing IMO:

View attachment 1459705
@mdubs has a pretty sweet pair as well.

bluejazzmonkey

Reaction score
I played the trumpet, horribly, I might add. My love of the trumpet had no bearing on my ability to play the damn thing.

I have always loved the voice of a sweet trumpet. History has many great trumpet players, but Clifford Brown is my all-time favorite.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Took my recently restored Ridgefields on their maiden voyage for a trip to SF today. Wearing my oatmeal linen suit as late into the season as I can. It's still 85 here today, so that might be a while! When I bought these off the Bay, somehow I had it in my head that the Ridgefield was based off the 65 last. Turns out it's the 73 last and actually an extremely good fit. Heel is a bit roomy, but laces up and hugs my arch well enough that it doesn't feel loose at all. Wonder if they'll bring this last back one day.

IMG_20200916_145550.jpg

Hope everyone had a great day today!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going casual today cause I am a grandpa again.
881D9BCB-DBBB-4DD5-A6C0-105B67D0161A.jpeg

Olive McTavish. Maybe I will be able to see the little Covid super spreader tonight.
709600A6-A99A-4E32-8055-A68DC1C3440E.jpeg

This is all I got for now.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.