• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@ae_ashley I have heard from my SA that the Dylan is originally made in DR, but its going to be made in USA especially for this GMTO only. is that true?
So I actually had to check on this. Looks like the Dylan and the Sneaker are staying in the DR for production. Wisconsin doesn't do cupsoles or handsewns.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I actually had to check on this. Looks like the Dylan and the Sneaker are staying in the DR for production. Wisconsin doesn't do cupsoles or handsewns.
My fav comment on one of the FB ads for the sneakers is a person in the DR complaining that the product looks like it was produced in Puerto Rico....

Are the cup soles hand sewn on? Can you get more information about the process? Specifically, I'd like to know how these are different from the other sneakers AE makes with cup soles. What did AE do differently to make these recraftable?

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve ordered three or four “natty” CXL products from various makers recently. Will report back with comparison pics upon arrival. Some appear light brown to even greyish on my monitor. Will be interesting to see the actual variances. I wonder if Horween changed the recipe or if the hides are just not as clear.

vdubiv

Reaction score
AE is really going to destroy their classics if they continue down this casual shoe route. It's like they are just taking the uppers of their dress shoes and throwing them on a cheaper sole. How does that not destroy the brand over time? Your dress shoes are going to look like casual shoes to an uncritical eye. This is the type of stuff you see on Alibaba or knock off brands in ROSS stores.

View attachment 1458218
I do not wear suits to work and either wear chino's or jeans on a daily basis, it's rare for me to even put some type of creased slacks on or tuck my shirt in. For my more relaxed work wear I see these shoes working very well, and they possibly could be more comfortable than my Strandmok's. I'm not saying I'm rushing out to buy a pair, but I do believe there is a market for them.
There is a very broad range of dress codes out there depending where you work and what industry you're in, not everyone needs refined dress shoes.

vdubiv

Reaction score
So question, has anyone tried on the Landon yet and how did it compare to your Higgins Mill or Patton?
I own a Higgins Mills in CXL 13D though I feel as though they fit like a 14E. So for my Patton which is in waxed Kudu I went 12D luckily this is super soft leather and had just enough give for the boot to feel like it was molded from my foot. 12E probably would have been perfect.
I'm really leaning towards a Landon for this trunk show, but just dont know what size to go with.
Also for reference I go 12.5 on my Strandmok's
13D on my Dalton's heel-toe on these feels perfect, but they seem like a skinny last and that 13E would have been best fit
Also have nomad wingtips 13D these fit about perfect as well.
I know I'm all over the place

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fav comment on one of the FB ads for the sneakers is a person in the DR complaining that the product looks like it was produced in Puerto Rico....

Are the cup soles hand sewn on? Can you get more information about the process? Specifically, I'd like to know how these are different from the other sneakers AE makes with cup soles. What did AE do differently to make these recraftable?
I would bet not much. Spoke with my cobbler when I dropped off a pair to be recrafted. He said that he has been replacing cup soles for years.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my understanding is that while one version of natty cxl was discontinued by Horween, this is essentially the replacement. It's a water resistant version and slightly darker but still looks amazing. I'm super excited about this. I missed natural cxl a lot.
The light colored natty CXL does not stay light for long. My natty Higgies turned a beautiful mid brown with reddish tones with brushing. Almost like a ravello

Really glad to see a natty CXL return to duty. Will it appear on other shoes and boots or just the Patton?

Those turned out great!
Antique Cherry Wednesday?

View attachment 1459577
And so did those! Regret missing the Shaved8

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.