• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rithrin

Reaction score
Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
totally unrelated to shoes!!!!! The local TV channel has the local University (University of Illinois) Madrigals on, and singing Christmas songs, and they just sang the theme song from Underdog. Not really a Holiday song, but they did it very well.....Speed of lightening, power of thunder.......

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello MD--

Thank you for weighing in. To clarify, the MacNeil in the size and color I'm offering is sold out on the AE site, and it has been since the morning of the 20% off of $199 sale. It may not be as popular as the Strand, but there is only 1 new-in-box pair available anywhere in the world at this price. That's why I'm surprised it hasn't sold.

I guess the next step is to print out my bank statement showing two charges and get in contact with an AE supervisor.

The joy of first-world problems...

I understand your surprise at the lack of interest as I for one really like the MacNeil and anticipated accumulating more. After all, it was an unpurchased wingtip from another manufacturer that initially ignited my newfound interest that started me on this delightful journey of AE shoe acquisition.
To date, four LWB's are in my possession; a pre-owned MacNeil in burgundy, one new Mac in oxblood calf, a vintage Florsheim Imperial in tan (93602) one vintage Florsheim Imperial in black (92604).
Pretty lucky to have those as it is, especially the latter two (though I guess now all Mac's are destined for the "rare find" category) and I'll be fine if that's where it all ends but also will still be looking for what may come along in my size, 10.5 3E.
It's just a nice style of shoe and one that actually fits, besides which I see even more of my dad, who always wore Florsheims in the same style and size, in me when I wear them and understand more now his particular stride as you don't so much "walk" in them as you "lumber", while pitying the poor fool who may choose to get in their way. lol.

Here below is my albeit small but still All-Star, LWB lineup in order of acquisition. And I'm happy to know I'm not alone in saying, I do really value this style.
20191213_173930~2.jpg

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
totally unrelated to shoes!!!!! The local TV channel has the local University (University of Illinois) Madrigals on, and singing Christmas songs, and they just sang the theme song from Underdog. Not really a Holiday song, but they did it very well.....Speed of lightening, power of thunder.......

FIIIIGHTING ALL WHO ROOOOB OR PLUNDER

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fighting all who rob or plunder...

Rithrin

Reaction score
Alright, after a long period of lurking and whatnot, I have finally gotten a pair of AE...maiden voyage for a board meeting today.

View attachment 1297480

"One of us! One of us!"

Welcome, and a wonderful starting pair indeed!

If you live in or near a major city I would recommend searching "wooden box" and "wood box" on craigslist.

I could not find anything at retail that would hold all my materials so I picked this up on CL (under $150 IIRC) and it works very well

I recognize that it is insane to have something like this but I trust nobody ITT will be throwing stones.

Sometimes it's the simple things. Would have searched all day for "Wooden shine box" or "Wooden shine kit" and never once thought to just search for a box. Genius.

Pls try to filter out the stunning industrial carpet.
I really like the Saphir Marine cream polish. So much I bought the wax (to try out if I ever have some time).
Hope everyone has an enjoyable evening.
. View attachment 1297726

The carpet adds a nice charm, though. AE's Midnight Navy has really gorgeous undertones in certain lighting. The marine blue adds the depth after a while, too.

Went old school on this overcast day with my Mora 2.0s and a lovely choco-red pair of cotton pants.

IMG_20191213_151818.jpg
IMG_20191213_151810.jpg

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merlot Randolph landed today. The closest thing to flawless I’ve ever seen from AE and I’m **mostly** sure they fit. We’ve got company coming over tonight so I had to just do a quick try on and pic. I’m sure I’ll take more pics tomorrow morning and ask for some fit guidance. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
E91AFD98-F0F7-4AE9-97A2-92FDC076B448.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"One of us! One of us!"

Welcome, and a wonderful starting pair indeed!

Sometimes it's the simple things. Would have searched all day for "Wooden shine box" or "Wooden shine kit" and never once thought to just search for a box. Genius.

The carpet adds a nice charm, though. AE's Midnight Navy has really gorgeous undertones in certain lighting. The marine blue adds the depth after a while, too.

Went old school on this overcast day with my Mora 2.0s and a lovely choco-red pair of cotton pants.

View attachment 1298255
View attachment 1298253
Contains adult language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads