• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Rufian The Woodlore site has the option to custom engrave initials on a metal plate. Oftentimes I take the plates off (especially if they say Jos A Bank). You can add little screw-in brass knobs yourself too.

Thanks for the link by the way, I may pick up a few from Lord & Taylor.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, they're Woodlore, cause they came in woodlore box. I just didn't know what the plate said, but it says lord taylor in writing style. I'd rather have the woodlore plate. This is the cheapest way to get woodlore shoe trees I guess if you have shoprunner. I got them for $13. The woodlore site never has free shipping.
I'm sort of OCD with trees. AE all have Woodlore, Alden has Alden, Grant Stone have Grant Stone. I don't know why, but it makes me happy. And they are all stored in their respective branded bags, on the shelves, grouped by manufacturer and then style of shoe or boot.

Rufian

Reaction score
@Rufian The Woodlore site has the option to custom engrave initials on a metal plate. Oftentimes I take the plates off (especially if they say Jos A Bank). You can add little screw-in brass knobs yourself too.

Thanks for the link by the way, I may pick up a few from Lord & Taylor.

Here is a good deal on shoe trees, Jos Bank, if you add two to the cart, you get two pairs for $20. Quality probably not as good as woodlore though. I'd rather have the woodlore, which can get them for $13

Where can I get custom brass plates that don't involve buying shoe trees. Buying from woodlore.com is not the most affordable way to do it.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, they're Woodlore, cause they came in woodlore box. I just didn't know what the plate said, but it says lord taylor in writing style. I'd rather have the woodlore plate. This is the cheapest way to get woodlore shoe trees I guess if you have shoprunner. I got them for $13. The woodlore site never has free shipping.
Woodlore makes a lot of shoetree styles for all kind of customers. If you buy from the Woodlore site, you can get custom made plates with your initials. But you are not going to pay $13.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming they came with two bags... ?

Recently shipped my HM's back to AE and was relieved to find two bags in the original shoebox to send with (I store boots on a shelf).

Maybe receiving will get a kick out of the diaper box I sent them in... we've got an infant in the house.
I am laughing very hard at this.
I hope they get a laugh, too.

Last edited:

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$75 for these, yes or no?

FBD16E0E-4A94-40ED-B063-A70237E54721.png
D7029019-540B-4864-ADF2-B9C648E77F97.png

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those of you who have sold shoes on eBay, what’s your preferred shipping method? Where do you find boxes that will fit the show box inside?

others have answered, but I have rarely seen buyers wish to have the original box. Omitting it will allow you to use the USPS box and save a few dollars.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wolverines!

IMG_20191212_092932.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads