• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you owned a lot of dress shoes but not a single pair of loafers...what would you buy first? and second and third..
I would look for a Lake Forest or a Lake Bluff first depending on if you like the weave or not. Second I would go with a Maxfield for a casual look but still fits business casual. Third I would go with a Verona II. Lastly I would see if I could fit an Acheson over the Grayson. Acheson is just so much more versatile and I think it is an easier fit.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you owned a lot of dress shoes but not a single pair of loafers...what would you buy first? and second and third..
These in whatever order I can find them the fastest in.
20190603_071840.jpg
20190626_084654.jpg
20190621_084956.jpg
20190408_121600.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I finally got an answer on my Patton boots. Purchased on October 6th. They were already in production and would be completed by 10/30. On 10/28 a pair of Patton boots went up on the Shoebank in my size. This is where it gets weird. My SA in early November sent an email to find out when my pair would arrive. She got an answer of 10/30 on November 15th. She sent another email because I obviously did not get my boots. Finally on December 9th she got a promise date of December 30th providing they pass QC. I do not mind the wait, but what I find hard to swallow is that no one seemed to be able to figure out that my original boot did not pass QC and I basically spent a month with a boot in limbo. I am looking forward to early January when it will come in. You would think that new shoe tracking would be easier than this to do.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I’m bummed that my brown pair didn’t work out but they did make me want to snag a walnut pair at some point. Maybe a Jefferson as well. In fact, I’ve recently started scouring ebay for any good Indy finds that may be out there to pair with my Rutledge’s.

I've been checking Ebay for 3 years for a Rutledge in my size. The only pair I've ever seen was in black and it was very beat up. No thanks. I think you'll have decent chance of finding a brown Bartlett on Ebay. They didn't produce as many in brown, as demand is less for that color than walnut.

Interesting knotting.

The laces for some reason come untied on this pair rather easily. I use the "ugly" knotting that my wife taught me. It works really well, but it looks weird.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20191008_180732~2.jpg
    20191008_180732~2.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been checking Ebay for 3 years for a Rutledge in my size. The only pair I've ever seen was in black and it was very beat up. No thanks. I think you'll have decent chance of finding a brown Bartlett on Ebay. They didn't produce as many in brown, as demand is less for that color than walnut.

The laces for some reason come untied on this pair rather easily. I use the "ugly" knotting that my wife taught me. It works really well, but it looks weird.
Try the Berluti knot, won't come untied and lays nicely.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ooh. How tall is @munchau ? We have a few genetic oddities here! :alien:

Hahah that's funny. My father (when he was younger) was buying a pair of dress shoes and it was suggested to avoid longwings since his size 16 foot would literally look like it went on forever. They said a shortwing would be more appropriate, LOL.

Propercloth's shirt designing tool might have me in the poor house! I really need to check them and Spier&Mackay out.

funny. I'm 6'5" and wear a 12 or 13B. I'm always conscious of how shoes scale because my feet are long and narrow and shoes are usually designed to look good on a size 9 or whatever and I've always thought busier designs worked better on longer feet.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What’s your size?

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
funny. I'm 6'5" and wear a 12 or 13B. I'm always conscious of how shoes scale because my feet are long and narrow and shoes are usually designed to look good on a size 9 or whatever and I've always thought busier designs worked better on longer feet.
6'4" and a 12D here. Love the longwings.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bringing out the Leiden weave today. Fit of these is so spot on. As usual, the best fitting shoes usually do not have a shape that is most pleasing to me.
BC3FB5E8-C2D1-4B95-88C0-5F0FD966676A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads