• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My TS order came in, and I'm floored with how gorgeous they are. However, I noticed today (about a week since they arrived and after 2-3 wears) that on one shoe, the split welt has about a 1cm gap between ends, and there is "loose" leather right in that gap. Is this something to be concerned with? If so, is it fixable? I didn't poke too hard, but I think there might be an actual opening that would allow me to push something completely through the shoe.

I'm definitely going to reach out to a SA, but wanted any insights from folks here as well. I've also attached a pic of the left shoe, which doesn't have this issue. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1296368
View attachment 1296369
Below the light cream spot on the other shoe, looks like a tiny hole is lurking? Or maybe it's just the camera angle.

Edit: on second glance, I guess that is just a stitch.

Last edited:

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see some other tall guys around here! I know @mreams99 & @BagleyBrown are in the club, too.

Yes it is! @munchau is in the tall club too!

My first contact at AOL suggested darker colors so my large feet wouldn't stand out.
That was her only advice-mistake, as tall folks scale well with larger feet, so I am all in for color variety. :)

And a PSA:

Not a sale. Not a special.
But, if my shaved Mills had a shirt soul mate...

They have grey also, both are fantastic.
My favorite shirts this year...

*some thick winter denim is coming soon.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My first contact at AOL suggested darker colors so my large feet wouldn't stand out.
That was her only advice-mistake, as tall folks scale well with larger feet, so I am all in for color variety. :)

And a PSA:

I am wearing the glacier herringbone one now. I have 5 of the canclini flannels

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And a PSA:

Ooh. How tall is @munchau ? We have a few genetic oddities here! :alien:

Hahah that's funny. My father (when he was younger) was buying a pair of dress shoes and it was suggested to avoid longwings since his size 16 foot would literally look like it went on forever. They said a shortwing would be more appropriate, LOL.

Propercloth's shirt designing tool might have me in the poor house! I really need to check them and Spier&Mackay out.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wearing the glacier herringbone one now. I have 5 of the canclini flannels

lol, that's a whole nother topic, but I am also a huge fan of Cancini flannels, have several.

Watch for the coming denim; they sell it out quick each year, and there is some brief price pain, but never any regrets. And they are turning shirts around consistently now in 10-14 days.

Ooh. How tall is @munchau ? We have a few genetic oddities here! :alien:

Hahah that's funny. My father (when he was younger) was buying a pair of dress shoes and it was suggested to avoid longwings since his size 16 foot would literally look like it went on forever. They said a shortwing would be more appropriate, LOL.

Propercloth's shirt designing tool might have me in the poor house! I really need to check them and Spier&Mackay out.

LOL, your dad wanted a loooooooong wing

And oh yes, Propercloth is horribly addictive and just as with footwear,
you'll end up broke and happy with a stacked closet.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I’m bummed that my brown pair didn’t work out but they did make me want to snag a walnut pair at some point. Maybe a Jefferson as well. In fact, I’ve recently started scouring ebay for any good Indy finds that may be out there to pair with my Rutledge’s.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horsin around.

20191210_183132.jpg

20191210_183646.jpg

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you owned a lot of dress shoes but not a single pair of loafers...what would you buy first? and second and third..

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting on a trunk show order? I've got one pair left to go, bourbon Daltons, split reverse welt, buff finish, double JR. I'm not complaining about the wait, it's not like I'll be shoeless until this order arrives. But I'm so excited about the shoes and cannot wait to wear them!
I am waiting too on the first pair I ordered. Just called today to check for the first time. The green MacNeils I ordered the last couple of days of the TS came a couple of months ago. By the way I am waiting on Chili strands.
I have two pair I’m waiting on from the trunk show (chili First Ave and shaved Leeds). The chili First Ave’s are a replacement for a pair I received last week with an issue.
Thanks! We should all hold a candlelight vigil together.
I only ordered one pair (Chili Fifth Street) and have not gotten them yet. Guess I'll go get my candle... :p

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you owned a lot of dress shoes but not a single pair of loafers...what would you buy first? and second and third..
What type of style are you looking for. Really casual, business casual or a dress loafer?

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Penny loafer would be my first choice if you can find one to fit. Loafers are much harder for me to fit than anything else.

After that probably another penny but in suede like a sea island and then maybe a tassel like a Grayson

DiscoJeff

Reaction score
Anyone else waiting on a trunk show order? I've got one pair left to go, bourbon Daltons, split reverse welt, buff finish, double JR. I'm not complaining about the wait, it's not like I'll be shoeless until this order arrives. But I'm so excited about the shoes and cannot wait to wear them!

Still waiting on my TS shaved Dundees, but I'm more annoyed that my Woodlore order from 12/2 still hasn't been shipped. On that same day, I ordered some custom PCBs for some projects. They were manufactured, shipped from China and arrived yesterday. I think Amazon has ruined my mail order patience.

lemmy127

Reaction score
Hahah that's funny. My father (when he was younger) was buying a pair of dress shoes and it was suggested to avoid longwings since his size 16 foot would literally look like it went on forever.

Huh, I can’t disagree with that advice more.

Granted I’m three whole sizes smaller, but after a lot of trial and error, I’ve completely written off plain toe anything. I find that the vast unbroken surface of plain toes makes my size 13Bs look clownish, but more visually busy designs like MacNeils and Strands break up the space and make them look more normal.

And I’ll add that I’m 6’3”. Seems like the perfect overlap of getting questions about playing basketball and the weather up there but still being able to buy clothes off the rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads