• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good to know. Never knew what exactly was appropriated to Wolverine vs AE
My understanding is that AE makes (made) the shell 1000 mile and Wolverine makes the rest. I may be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time I have been, but that is what I was told by a SA at the Milwaukee AE store.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. They are very good at responding to messages. I even got a response over the weekend.

They don’t have a large selection of models. But they’re made in the USA and use high-quality (name brand) leathers. And they have that awesome spruce kudu!
I'm interested, so will send them an email in the morning. I like the looks of that boot, but I really don't need more boots......................

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Holidays... JBM's size 10E, $60.
Matching belt, size 40, $40.

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m curious to see what happens to the nap. I think it could look kind of cool with the waxed portions wearing off at different rates in different spots.

Thanks for linking, I’ll check that out
I like what's happening with the creasing (regaining nap), but I'd like to rewax the toes, heels, and pinkie toe areas to keep the leather a bit more protected after scruffing them up a bunch. There's not much nap there, just obviously beat up.
IMG_20191208_222129.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like what's happening with the creasing (regaining nap), but I'd like to rewax the toes, heels, and pinkie toe areas to keep the leather a bit more protected after scruffing them up a bunch. There's not much nap there, just obviously beat up.
View attachment 1295623
I don't know, they look pretty good to me, Patina !!!!!!! However, neatsfoot oil will darken them up in the lighter areas. It REALLY darkens (I know from experience)

fourdoggies

Reaction score
Anyone got pics of the Hamilton in the Tan Nubuck in the wild?

Has anyone seen this in stock in stores?

Rithrin

Reaction score
There are as many solutions to this dilemma as SF users. Some opt for Neutral and wait to add colors until they have to. Others, like me use Chili on everything. While others use pigmented shoe cremes and waxes. Given the lack of color matching there is no one correct answer. I always advise to start with neutral and supplement colors with shoe Creme. That is a good starting point.

Thanks! I was hoping that wasn't the situation, but good to know. I'll be putting some neutral coating on any shoes I pick up. For now Chili dressing is on order and I'll start experimenting with that.

Because shell Strands probably deserve their own holiday.
Happy Friday
View attachment 1293877

Simply glorious, these shell Strands.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I am disturbed though, I found out this morning that my wife’s bras fit me just as well as they fit her. Got to get rid of these manboobs.

I do wonder if there is a story behind this...

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE branded shoe trees are all good. They are made by Woodlore. Pretty sure they supply quite a few brands.

I’m pretty sure Woodlore is owned by Allen Edmonds. They rebrand their shoe trees for a lot of companies including Jos. A Bank, of which I have many. (Purchased for around $10 each).

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is probably a great story, but do we want to know it?
Sorry to disappoint but it was as simple as me shaving and I noticed that I have manboobs. Yelled to my wife that I got to workout more and she came in with her bra and held it up and proclaimed that it would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads