• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmh20

Reaction score
You guys ever find a pair brand new in the box that you forgot you even had? Heading out for some errands...

Attachments

• EDC47A46-EDCE-47D6-AE1B-702C9D96888A.jpeg
    EDC47A46-EDCE-47D6-AE1B-702C9D96888A.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 30

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys ever find a pair brand new in the box that you forgot you even had? Heading out for some errands...
Never happened to me. Unworn, I don’t feel that I can claim in my collection.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came down to visit my parents and ended up being an impromptu funeral service. I cobbled together something that is kinda appropriate but I don’t have my clothes with me.
My brother had nothing even close.
View attachment 1294688
Black Nike is all he had.
View attachment 1294689
No black socks for me.
View attachment 1294690
At least I had an old black suit that I was going to donate but something made me bring it with.
Sorry to hear about your family loss.
The impromptu suiting works well for the unplanned need.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you all for your well wishes. I am disturbed though, I found out this morning that my wife’s bras fit me just as well as they fit her. Got to get rid of these manboobs.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered some strand in cigar and 5th in walnut. Really wanted the mahogany color but didnt see it in any models i was looking for.

Can anyone comment on cigar vs mahogany? Obvi the Mahogany has more red tones but interested in other thoughts/pics. Thanks.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came down to visit my parents and ended up being an impromptu funeral service. I cobbled together something that is kinda appropriate but I don’t have my clothes with me.
My brother had nothing even close.
View attachment 1294688
Black Nike is all he had.
View attachment 1294689
No black socks for me.
View attachment 1294690
At least I had an old black suit that I was going to donate but something made me bring it with.
Condolences to you and your family. With the tone-on-tone I think you pulled off a still respectful outfit.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Saphir really that much better than other polishes. I have two Saphir that I bought on sale, the medium brown and dark brown. Before that I had bought the AE speed polish in brown. I’ve only used the Saphir medium brown on my Hopkinson walnut to make them browner. The Saphir is cremier and not as thick. I have yet to use the AE polish on AE shoes lol I used on some old boots and it works

I have black Hopkinson and not sure if I should get Saphir in black or just AE speed polish in black. I can get the speed polish for 12 bucks online with shipping but saphir is like $26 with shipping. Not sure if worth it. Might as well to increase my Saphir collection ?

I have yet to buy the Saphir conditioner instead I use Bick 4.

As good as Saphir may be, I find is a lot of hype and even though it may better than other polishes is probably not $15 more better

I think the packaging has a lot to do with the appeal of these products, if Saphir didn’t come in those shinu women cream glass bottles, the appeal probably wouldn’t be as high. It looks pretty and that’s probably a tax you’re paying for. No other polish or conditioner competitor makes their product in these type of packages.
Not an expert, but I am guessing the AE speed polish is more akin to the $10-ish Saphir surfine polish, than the $26-ish Medaille d'or line?

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing (made in 1984) Oakmonts today on the way to the barber shop. Fanatical devotees of the menswear blogosphere may notice I am standing in the most famous alley in the menswear blogosphere.

IMG_3233.jpeg

For fans of seasonal "A-E In The Wild" pictures, after getting a haircut walked past the Paley Center For Media and saw Santa was there, so went in and took a picture with Santa.

Santa asked if I had been good all year. Since you never lie to Santa, told Santa I was a perfectly awful person and proud of it.

Don't think he was the real Santa. The real Santa knows if you've been naughty or nice. (He has a list he checks twice.)

IMG_3237.jpeg

For fans of Santa Claus pictures in shoe threads, walked past Gucci Claus in Gucci's window. The dummy next to Gucci Claus is wearing men's clothing.

This is not an April Fool's Day joke. Those are men's clothes the dummy is wearing and they probably cost more than my car.

For comparison, the two dummies on either end are wearing ladies clothing.

IMG_3232.jpeg

As this is the season of peace on Earth and goodwill to men, another picture from today.

Every time I walk past the door to the William Morris Endeavour Agency (the barber is in the same building) the sign on the door reminds me how stupid people in show business are.

The word "PULL" is not enough for them. They also need a picture showing how to pull.

IMG_3235.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads