• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought so but wanted to double check. My pair arrived today and there’s something weird about the left shoe. I haven’t quite figured it out yet but for some reason there’s a little heel slip on only the left shoe. I’ve never had heel slip in a 9D on any pair of AE’s ever.

Assuming this is a pair of 2nds, which, per their own website, have only cosmetic defects and nothing that could possibly affect the fit, I'm going to go ahead and assume this is a problem specific to you.

(for those ill-informed with an asshole they call Neo, this post is dripping in sarcasm)

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 201 is slightly wider in the heel, but I'm betting it's likely a shoe construction error. This does happen from time to time. Sounds like the heel is too large or stretchy. You said this is the first time, so likely it's a construction thing.
Yea, I think you're correct about the construction issue. I've got other pairs on the 201 - nothing ever like this before. I'll call Charleston tomorrow. Huge bummer thought because cosmetically they're near perfect. Great looking pair of shoes.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've half-jokingly referred to no shipping notification several times in here.

There's a reason for that.

Shipping notifications allow you to track the package and know when it's out for delivery.

So you can be there when the package arrives.

Not literally be pulling into the cul de sac as the porch pirate is leaving your stoop with your $725 boots in their hands.

If I'd had one more red light on the way home these would have been gone, and the question then becomes would AE have been willing or able to make them again?

As it stands i need to break out the brush and see if some of the **** on the toes goes away.

... the complete lack of communication that nearly turned these into vaporware i don't see myself buying anything more from AE or recommending them to anyone else.

View attachment 1293469
Even if the merchant doesn't communicate the FedEx and ups apps will send notifications

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May I ask where you purchased these?

I think they got those from Ealdwine.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they got those from Ealdwine.

Perhaps im missing something but I don't see those options on the site. We’re they a custom order?

Last edited:

gv7123456

Reaction score
Perhaps im missing something but I don't see those options on the site. We’re they a custom order?
They were temporary offerings aligned with the TS. They disappeared quickly. I did the classic “oh, I’ll get those tomorrow when I have a minute” and they were gone.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to call out my b.s. I was just trolling with the Bartlett. :devil:

In general, I think of 3 types of shoes as fuddy duddy:

1. brown gator
2. split toes
3. some wingtips

But then again, the guy in Goodfellas (Ray Liotta) was wearing brown gator loafers, and he's not an old man.

gfellas-henry1feet.jpg
Yeah but he's a "good guy" you gotta remember the context of the person wearing them, not just the age

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've half-jokingly referred to no shipping notification several times in here.

There's a reason for that.

Shipping notifications allow you to track the package and know when it's out for delivery.

So you can be there when the package arrives.

Not literally be pulling into the cul de sac as the porch pirate is leaving your stoop with your $725 boots in their hands.

If I'd had one more red light on the way home these would have been gone, and the question then becomes would AE have been willing or able to make them again?

As it stands i need to break out the brush and see if some of the **** on the toes goes away.

... the complete lack of communication that nearly turned these into vaporware i don't see myself buying anything more from AE or recommending them to anyone else.

View attachment 1293469
Sorry for all the hoops you had to jump through for these, but glad they finally showed up!

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been alternating this week between two of my favorite boots. Today it was my bourbon HM.
View attachment 1293671
And speaking of favorites....
A week or two ago, some of us were posting our five favorites. I did not jump in at the time. My top five don’t seem to stay the same from week-to-week. As of today though, here are my five favorite boots.

View attachment 1293672
Bourbon HM, chili River Oak (ostrich), purple Cronmok, black bison Rancourt Brighton, and my tumbled grain HM.

Is there a common thread to what makes these my favorites? I don’t think so — there is a pretty big variety.
That purple is nice, why am I always drawn to things that are hard to pair with, or see limited normal use.

WNovizar

Reaction score
If there were a natural cxl Trunk Show in the future, what models would you guys want the most? For me, I would chose the Strand and Higgins, and maybe the Delray.
Portland

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there were a natural cxl Trunk Show in the future, what models would you guys want the most? For me, I would chose the Strand and Higgins, and maybe the Delray.

I know everyone loves natty cxl on this forum, but I would hijack this and request a single GMTO - navy cxl Liverpool with double danite. Everything else can wait.

You force me to do natty, and I'm gonna say the only logical choice - Eagle County w/ It's Hide. Unbeatable.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patriot!!
Bradley
Dundee
Lady boots

I realize this "ain't the place"...but if you are really looking for a CXL Patriot ya may want to check out the GS Traveler....they are kind of different though. If you want me to go into detail (and be careful, you've seen that fit article so you know I'm not kidding) just send me a PM, I'll try to get back to you when I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads