• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing MTO (thick black rubber soles) black Rutledges today.

IMG_3217.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures.

IMG_3213.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a picture with a chocolate chip cookie.

IMG_3207.jpeg

For fans of seasonal drinks pictures in shoe threads, Trader Joe's Egg Nog Liqueur was fruitful and multiplied and there is now also Trader Joe's Cocoa Cream Liqueur. Would someone please try some and report back. Thank you.

IMG_3218.jpeg

For fans of ferret pictures in shoe threads, on a station platform somewhere in France a ferret frolics.

78566755_3101087239906281_1643188667075788800_o.jpg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One can only hope broke rib punctured a lung......theif's deserve whatever they get and if one can catch them in the act and "take appropriate action" all I can say is way to go

I don't recall all actions that took place, sorry. I wish I could remember but it's just so fuzzy. What a shame.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For fans of ferret pictures in shoe threads, on a station platform somewhere in France a ferret frolics.

View attachment 1293544

Excellent!

Additionally, in a basement in Maryland six ferrets are doing the same.

Well, four actually. Two are really old, deaf, and blind. So they just kinda move from bed to bed. Which is fine, because they're ferrets and there's really no expectations placed upon them.

CMT1

Reaction score
You gave those shoes a remarkable amount of character with those shots. It's a good look, and I am agreed that black is harder to pull off casually. Though I am actually wearing black heritage boots today which is unusual.

Thanks! The fence and wet deck added a lot of contrasting color to a normally drab shot of a black shoe.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything? I'd pass on the HM since I already have one. I'd be all over a Strand/mok, MacNeil, or maybe McAllister. I'd even go for a revival of the Oak Street since I wasn't able to get one when they were a thing. If the widths were opened up on it, I think a Normandy would be pretty great, too.

Edit: speaking of widths opening up in new lasts, why the heck hasn't the HM been opened up yet? The boot is awesome!
Why isn’t the HM available in more widths?
I would say that it’s because it’s not built on a heritage last. They’ve built shoes in MANY widths on those heritage lasts (65, 511, 97, etc.) over the years, so they already have the lasts.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why isn’t the HM available in more widths?
I would say that it’s because it’s not built on a heritage last. They’ve built shoes in MANY widths on those heritage lasts (65, 511, 97, etc.) over the years, so they already have the lasts.
Yep, of course that's the answer on why they haven't been available yet. I want to know why they haven't invested in the additional capital to make it a reality. Business cases, yada yada yada, I know. I'm just wanting more options, is all.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been alternating this week between two of my favorite boots. Today it was my bourbon HM.
54B565A2-74BE-4FFD-BE91-D6EFB911F9E0.jpeg

And speaking of favorites....
A week or two ago, some of us were posting our five favorites. I did not jump in at the time. My top five don’t seem to stay the same from week-to-week. As of today though, here are my five favorite boots.

D6DE0AF5-9643-42B0-A732-6F9187E4DC6C.jpeg

Bourbon HM, chili River Oak (ostrich), purple Cronmok, black bison Rancourt Brighton, and my tumbled grain HM.

Is there a common thread to what makes these my favorites? I don’t think so — there is a pretty big variety.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. You own the Rutledge, right? It's the same as that.
I thought so but wanted to double check. My pair arrived today and there’s something weird about the left shoe. I haven’t quite figured it out yet but for some reason there’s a little heel slip on only the left shoe. I’ve never had heel slip in a 9D on any pair of AE’s ever.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought so but wanted to double check. My pair arrived today and there’s something weird about the left shoe. I haven’t quite figured it out yet but for some reason there’s a little heel slip on only the left shoe. I’ve never had heel slip in a 9D on any pair of AE’s ever.

The 201 is slightly wider in the heel, but I'm betting it's likely a shoe construction error. This does happen from time to time. Sounds like the heel is too large or stretchy. You said this is the first time, so likely it's a construction thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics