• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ProfilaBinding I think the contrast edge dressing and laces update the Bartlett. Plus, it's technically a chiseled last, which you can faintly recognize in the toebox.

Thanks. Yes, these are actually Alden laces that were included as an extra pair with my 911 shoes. They look better on this shoe than the AE laces. I had to redo the soles 5 times to get it right. I kept screwing it up and finally got it to look decent.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:crackup: So what isn't a fuddy duddy shoe in your mind?

First, you claim some brown gator shoes are... now a nicer version of Strands, the #menswear darling of footwear, is too?

I was waiting for someone to call out my b.s. I was just trolling with the Bartlett. :devil:

In general, I think of 3 types of shoes as fuddy duddy:

1. brown gator
2. split toes
3. some wingtips

But then again, the guy in Goodfellas (Ray Liotta) was wearing brown gator loafers, and he's not an old man.

gfellas-henry1feet.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to call out my b.s. I was just trolling with the Bartlett. :devil:

1. brown gator
2. split toes
3. some wingtips

But then again, the guy in Goodfellas (Ray Liotta) was wearing brown gator loafers, and he's not an old man.

gfellas-henry1feet.jpg
Gator loafers/Sharkskin suit, what's not to love?

dpgaloot

Reaction score
View attachment 1293275

My grand daughter turned a week old yesterday so like any good grandfather I gave her a copy of the constitution and the federalists papers. I don’t want her relying on any other source. Carry on with shoes

Good Call,

I purchased the Federalist Papers from Audible and attempted to listen to them at high speed, which is my typical approach with Audio Books. Let's just say that is not the way to ingest this particular material.

Bourbon HMs today.

HM_Bourbon_25.jpg

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

1. brown gator
2. split toes
3. some wingtips

gfellas-henry1feet.jpg

Looks more like lizard to me.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good Call,

I purchased the Federalist Papers from Audible and attempted to listen to them at high speed, which is my typical approach with Audio Books. Let's just say that is not the way to ingest this particular material.

Bourbon HMs today.

View attachment 1293445
Not exactly the high speed material, but worthy of reading/listening.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've half-jokingly referred to no shipping notification several times in here.

There's a reason for that.

Shipping notifications allow you to track the package and know when it's out for delivery.

So you can be there when the package arrives.

Not literally be pulling into the cul de sac as the porch pirate is leaving your stoop with your $725 boots in their hands.

If I'd had one more red light on the way home these would have been gone, and the question then becomes would AE have been willing or able to make them again?

As it stands i need to break out the brush and see if some of the **** on the toes goes away.

Between ashley's behavior (you're on ignore hun so whatever horseshit justification you have for nearly causing my death don't waste your time) and the complete lack of communication that nearly turned these into vaporware i don't see myself buying anything more from AE or recommending them to anyone else (given the carte blanche employees seem to have to share personal information with anyone and everyone, people have to protect personal info these days).

View attachment 1293469
This just got real.

My sister in law had two packages stolen from her porch yesterday. Got it on video.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This just got real.

My sister in law had two packages stolen from her porch yesterday. Got it on video.

County "administrative code" (created by appointed bureaucrats with no oversight) mandates anyone with a ring or other "connected" security system MUST allow the police unfettered, warrantless access 24/7. So we dont have cameras.

What i do have is zero ***** to give about re-awakening an IED related back injury to beat the **** out of a thief.

Maybe not going to the hospital, but definitely tripped a few times on her way out of the neighborhood. Ribs are prolly gonna hurt for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads