• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frances and I attended her firm's Halloween Social this year as John Steed and Emma Peel. There were no cybernauts in attendance.
Emma Peel was John Steed's third partner in the series (and the second woman). When casting for the role, the producers decided that first and foremost they wanted someone with "Male Appeal" (and their choice of Diana Rigg was spot on, as they say). The new character's name came from a contraction of the characteristic they were looking for ("M. Appeal" == "Emma Peel").

You're welcome.
That trivia is the kind of thing that I will never forget, now if only I could get on some game show where you can win a million bucks, and they ask me how Emma Peel got her name................

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
forgive me if it has already been mentioned but guarded goods has a nice black friday sale going

some pretty good deals there. Just FYI, I find that I need to order the 54 inch laces to fit a size 12 HM

You wouldn't think someone could spend $77 on shoelaces but I assure you that it is quite possible and in fact it is something that totally normal people do from time to time

Also for anyone trying to match a TS2019.2 purchase, shell belts are down from $195 to $155

Last edited:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Too many new things in your life, my friend. Have courage.
Speaking of...
View attachment 1290083 View attachment 1290084
These are the mint green flannels. They work well with browns too.

Best wishes.
Sending best wishes for a happy outcome. Is she at UC?

Mercy West!

Thanks to all the best wishes! It really means a lot. She was released yesterday and everything seems to be alright. Doc said it was a freak thing, but there will be follow up tests to confirm.

Haven't had a scare like that before and let me tell you, it's not something I want to repeat!

schweezly

Reaction score
forgive me if it has already been mentioned but guarded goods has a nice black friday sale going

some pretty good deals there. Just FYI, I find that I need to order the 54 inch laces to fit a size 12 HM

You wouldn't think someone could spend $77 on shoelaces but I assure you that it is quite possible and in fact it is something that totally normal people do from time to time

Also for anyone trying to match a TS2019.2 purchase, shell belts are down from $195 to $155

Side note, his leather work is awesome. My black marbled cordovan buckler is outstanding. I got it about 8 months ago
F6AE0774-F6EF-4E77-9445-8A836E9089AE.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: If you're a 13D, you should check out this eBay seller's stuff. Tons of 13D AEs (and a few other makers) with low opening bids and fairly reasonable Buy It Nows... including a cappuccino shell McGraw with a Buy It Now of only $165 shipped!

Obligatory: These aren't my auctions and I have no idea whose they are... but they certainly liked puffer jackets.
Who DOESN’T like puffer jackets?
Or parachute pants?
There are two things that will never go out of style.

lemmy127

Reaction score
My top 5 fuddy duddy shoes in my collection:

1. Walton (brown)
2. Park Ave (brown gator)
3. Delray (bourbon)
4. Wilbert (brown)
5. Lasalle (chili)

Not sure why you’re assigning fuddy duddy status to your gator PAs. They’re not my style (or price tag), but I don’t think most people associate gator shoes with fuddy duddies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you’re assigning fuddy duddy status to your gator PAs. They’re not my style (or price tag), but I don’t think most people associate gator shoes with fuddy duddies.

I think because I rarely see younger men wearing gator shoes. If these were not purchased at 1/6th of the original price, these would not be in my possession.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think because I rarely see younger men wearing gator shoes. If these were not purchased at 1/6th of the original price, these would not be in my possession.
I’d totally rock gator loafers. I’d tell people they are Florida Gator. It’ll both piss off UF fans and have people believe I got them from the Everglades.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mercy West!

Thanks to all the best wishes! It really means a lot. She was released yesterday and everything seems to be alright. Doc said it was a freak thing, but there will be follow up tests to confirm.

Haven't had a scare like that before and let me tell you, it's not something I want to repeat!
Great news!

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my catalog today as well and I thought the photography was decent. Prices are ok but we have just had an RDA and BF sales so I wouldn’t expect much. Some decent shoes on sale but only if you are fairly new to the brand I’d think. Nothing I’d need/nothing I want low enough to buy especially since I just got two.

Looking though the catalog I just wish there was a little more variety in materials. Almost no suede (unless its waxed or on a sneaker), no kudu, and not much in the way of texture, the pebble grain on a couple of shoes/boots doesn’t look very “pebblely”.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Received my catalog today as well and I thought the photography was decent. Prices are ok but we have just had an RDA and BF sales so I wouldn’t expect much. Some decent shoes on sale but only if you are fairly new to the brand I’d think. Nothing I’d need/nothing I want low enough to buy especially since I just got two.

Looking though the catalog I just wish there was a little more variety in materials. Almost no suede (unless its waxed or on a sneaker), no kudu, and not much in the way of texture, the pebble grain on a couple of shoes/boots doesn’t look very “pebblely”.
Figure my catalog won't get here until Wednesday or Thursday, if I get one (it's spotty if I do or don't get one).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC QUESTION

For you guys with a lot of eBay experience. I'm bidding on something on eBay, I just got an email saying I've been outbid and should increase my bid, but when I go and look at the item, I'm the highest bidder. Does eBay have "shills" to get one to increase bid, even if already the highest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads