• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kinda think gunboats are fuddy-duddy after seeing them again in the flesh at the store.

(ducks)
tenor.gif

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ran across this image I took some years ago of one of my first AE shoes, the woven Winhall. Its not often seen on the thread, so I thought I would post it.

lemmy127

Reaction score
PSA: If you're a 13D, you should check out this eBay seller's stuff. Tons of 13D AEs (and a few other makers) with low opening bids and fairly reasonable Buy It Nows... including a cappuccino shell McGraw with a Buy It Now of only $165 shipped!

Obligatory: These aren't my auctions and I have no idea whose they are... but they certainly liked puffer jackets.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some will say these are fuddy duddy, but I have prepared these for wear tomorrow, wait for it, with a suit. They are classic shoes and it will likely rain. The double oak sole will keep me dry. On days like that, the single oak cap toe is a little too susceptible to the elements.

2141B0AB-7D0E-4C7A-982A-0909BCB1FBAF.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No I didn't, but its kind of a cool idea. Someone posted about blue polish on black a few days ago. Was that @Shoenut ? Where would one find blue polish, I wonder.
I just ask my cobbler to get me the colors that I want and he lets me know if it is from Saphir or Lincoln or who ever and then I wait a few weeks for it.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is today McTavish Monday? Hope it is.

IMG_3135.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures and for those who have seen the cartoon with Dorothy and Alice where one is saying to the other, "I've seen some weird ****", like Dorothy and Alice I've seen some weird **** since arriving in the San Fernando Valley, like the thing behind me in this picture.

IMG_3138.jpeg

Now, the the first and last negative thing I will ever say about Allen-Edmonds shoes. Unfortunately Allen-Edmonds shoes (even khaki grain McTavishes like I'm wearing) are not the sort of shoes where you can click your heels together, say, "There's no place like home", and be back where you belong.

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a gigantic cranberry orange scone in a tin tray and me at Claudine Kitchen And Bakeshop.

IMG_3030.jpeg

Since today is Cyber Monday, a picture of John Steed, Emma Peel, and a Cybernaut.

avengers-cybernatus.jpg

Last edited:

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some will say these are fuddy duddy, but I have prepared these for wear tomorrow, wait for it, with a suit. They are classic shoes and it will likely rain. The double oak sole will keep me dry. On days like that, the single oak cap toe is a little too susceptible to the elements.

View attachment 1291560
Excuses, excuses, lol. They look great!
I recently acquired a pair in my size and upon first wear I received rave reviews.. from a female. So, I'm all about "fuddy duddy".

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is today McTavish Monday? Hope it is.

View attachment 1291563

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures and for those who have seen the cartoon with Dorothy and Alice where one is saying to the other, "I've seen some weird ****", like Dorothy and Alice I've seen some weird **** since arriving in the San Fernando Valley, like the thing behind me in this picture.

View attachment 1291565

Now, the the first and last negative thing I will ever say about Allen-Edmonds shoes. Unfortunately Allen-Edmonds shoes (even khaki grain McTavishes like I'm wearing) are not the sort of shoes where you can click your heels together, say, "There's no place like home", and be back where you belong.

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a gigantic cranberry orange scone in a tin tray and me at Claudine Kitchen And Bakeshop.

View attachment 1291567

Since today is Cyber Monday, a picture of John Steed, Emma Peel, and a Cybernaut.

View attachment 1291569
Frances and I attended her firm's Halloween Social this year as John Steed and Emma Peel. There were no cybernauts in attendance.
Emma Peel was John Steed's third partner in the series (and the second woman). When casting for the role, the producers decided that first and foremost they wanted someone with "Male Appeal" (and their choice of Diana Rigg was spot on, as they say). The new character's name came from a contraction of the characteristic they were looking for ("M. Appeal" == "Emma Peel").

You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads