• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedarius

Reaction score
EC6AEB8B-5A32-4FE7-9F66-3B6A92C0270E.jpeg

New bad-weather balmoral (OK, I know, not technically) booties on a rainy Friday.

lemmy127

Reaction score
Some black Friday sales are up now on the website. Some of the deals are decent. Highlights include new American collection and the McNeil.

On the Shoe Bank too. Looks like most of the same models discounted on the regular website have their seconds counterparts down to $99 or $149.

lemmy127

Reaction score
View attachment 1284904
New bad-weather balmoral (OK, I know, not technically) booties on a rainy Friday.

Damn. Why do you guys tempt me to buy all these beautiful boots that, in practice, I'll never actually wear? Don't you know that I'll still manage to wear camp mocs and loafers in snow anyway?!

pedarius

Reaction score
Some black Friday sales are up now on the website. Some of the deals are decent. Highlights include new American collection and the McNeil.

On the Shoe Bank too. Looks like most of the same models discounted on the regular website have their seconds counterparts down to $99 or $149.

“I DON’T NEED ANOTHER MACNEIL! I DON’T NEED ANOTHER MACNEIL! I DON’T NEED ANOTHER MACNEIL!”

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At $99 I'm tempted to get a Tate as a beater but I still probably shouldn't.

I'll probably get a MacNeil in black although I wish it had some sort of rubber sole as I have no wet weather black shoes. Now do I get the 2nd for $149 or the 1st for $199?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good boot! Your pic reminds me of my travels across Europe in my early 20s. I not-so-fondly recall all the cobblestones and how many times I nearly tripped! I did most of my traipsing around in a pair of old Doc Martin's from the 90s. Those things were tanks!

They still are. I'm fighting the urge to get a new pair though. I (allegedly) learned my lesson already..... :hide:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Macneil Firsts in clearance for $160 — decisions decisions....

Where are you seeing $160? I only see $199 for the black Friday event

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore brogue suede Strands with Danite soles since I was going to do a lot of walking on city sidewalks tonight.

View attachment 1284810

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, sitting in the lobby of the Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles awaiting the start of the 10th Annual Los Angeles Tweed Pub Crawl.

View attachment 1284811

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a picture taken minutes after the start of the 10th Annual Los Angeles Tweed Pub Crawl.

Many more crawlers arrived shortly after this picture was taken and from what I see posted online, some of them are still out there crawling.

View attachment 1284812

If The Biltmore Hotel has a garage, and you have $1000, I believe you can throw one hell of a crap game there.

(Obscure musical reference, if you consider Frank Sinatra obscure)

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone didn't like their TS Higgles apparently.

At least he got his. 9 weeks down, 3 to go. Zero movement on my order.

pedarius

Reaction score
At $99 I'm tempted to get a Tate as a beater but I still probably shouldn't.

I'll probably get a MacNeil in black although I wish it had some sort of rubber sole as I have no wet weather black shoes. Now do I get the 2nd for $149 or the 1st for $199?

Aren't they still on a butyl sole? I haven't seen a new calf MacNeil in a while, so not sure, but the pictures suggest that's still the case. If so, they perform pretty well in the wet (and feel great IMHO). If you have an SA you like, maybe give them a call to confirm?

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't they still on a butyl sole? I haven't seen a new calf MacNeil in a while, so not sure, but the pictures suggest that's still the case. If so, they perform pretty well in the wet (and feel great IMHO). If you have an SA you like, maybe give them a call to confirm?

Yes the pictures on the AE site shoe a butyl sole, description says "Double oak leather sole ". I like longwings and only have one pair of MacNeils now so I'll get them regardless.

Too bad more boots aren't for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads