• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rutledge!
F2FAB7B5-D385-4151-9417-A6E7482C0012.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean at least theirs were near or at corners, so they could reasonably BS their way with the stewards. Seb just does it on the straights lol.
I'm sure Seb will argue that he was just setting up for the next corner, trying to get the entry line, even though he just plain drove into his teammate, and I think the Stewards will call it a "racing incident" and it doesn' t matter anyway with the season already decided. Next year however.......Leclerc is simply a faster driver, and should be in the #1 Ferrari postion, but Ferrari will keep Seb there, because he is a world champ, and ..........so Leclerc will have to out drive him next year, leaving Seb looking for a drive in '21, unless he does a Rossberg and just says " I'm out of here, and going to buy AE shoes" (to try and keep it somewhat relevant)

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New boots are in the lab. It probably won’t be long before they hit the streets.
F8DFEFB6-6BA3-480E-9CFA-CC0E4E067DAF.jpeg

I’m not sure if any commentary is necessary. They look tremendous. It seems like they are going to fit well. Only problem is that I will probably going to want more Indy boots.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New boots are in the lab. It probably won’t be long before they hit the streets.
View attachment 1284761
I’m not sure if any commentary is necessary. They look tremendous. It seems like they are going to fit well. Only problem is that I will probably going to want more Indy boots.
Yes you will want more Indy boots, come on over to the Alden thread and discuss this :)

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macneil Firsts in clearance for $160 — decisions decisions....
Big decision. Buy one, or two. Hmmm...
On a serious note, for $160 the MacNeil is an absolute steal if you're in the market for a longwing!

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1284761

yeah I’m up to 4 pairs of indys...and it‘s been less than a year. Brown CXL, natty CXL,reverse tobacco chamois and snuff suede. (last two are on order.)

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macneil Firsts in clearance for $160 — decisions decisions....

I fail to see the decision, except as to color. Well and shell trumps all. IMO at least.

While many think of a long wing as a casual shoe there is nothing else to say I really don't give a damn. And look out here I come.

I'm sure Seb will argue that he was just setting up for the next corner, trying to get the entry line, even though he just plain drove into his teammate, and I think the Stewards will call it a "racing incident" and it doesn' t matter anyway with the season already decided. Next year however.......Leclerc is simply a faster driver, and should be in the #1 Ferrari postion, but Ferrari will keep Seb there, because he is a world champ, and ..........so Leclerc will have to out drive him next year, leaving Seb looking for a drive in '21, unless he does a Rossberg and just says " I'm out of here, and going to buy AE shoes" (to try and keep it somewhat relevant)

Willing to bet most on here have no idea what you are talking about :)

Grew up near the Glen and the track in town where I grew up is where the Bodine brothers started racing. My grandfather came up with the idea of the track. Watched all of the F1 back in the 70's. My Uncle was Geoff's mechanic when he was doing Indy Circuit.

My favorite picture of my father from the 50's. When the track was still dirt and bumping and grinding was racing.

33158953048_5382c8295c_b.jpg

What I remember the most were the fist fights in the pits. Smell of grass sitting on blankets at night. Smell of exhaust fumes.The exhaust sounds which were actually physical vibrations to you're whole body. And fights in the pits.

Yes you will want more Indy boots, come on over to the Alden thread and discuss this :)

No offense but never really got into the whole Indy thing, too much Hollywood\Cali\jump on the band wagon for me. Definitely check out the Alden thread that is a no brainer. But I will take AE over Alden boots any day. Have tried my share and only have one left. #8 captoe commando soles on the Grant last.

Most of my boots are real boots though. Built and commissioned to fit my needs. Dress and semi dress don't matter so much if you are pounding pavement, but when your life may depend on your ability to get out of the woods it is a different story...

25806844754_f217c5b915_c.jpg

Although Crispi has lately replaced most of my hunting boots.

When it comes to semi dress boots or dress boots I tend to lean toward AE, with a few exceptions. YMMV and what fits you best is key IMO.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you must be a terror in the "10 items or fewer" grocery store lines:)
I think he's from the school of multiples of the same thing counts as 1, you know you see them people with like 30 baby foods. So when you pair his multiple different colors of the same model and count that as 1 he probably did post his top "5"

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore brogue suede Strands with Danite soles since I was going to do a lot of walking on city sidewalks tonight.

IMG_2924.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, sitting in the lobby of the Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles awaiting the start of the 10th Annual Los Angeles Tweed Pub Crawl.

IMG_2916.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a picture taken minutes after the start of the 10th Annual Los Angeles Tweed Pub Crawl.

Many more crawlers arrived shortly after this picture was taken and from what I see posted online, some of them are still out there crawling.

78199763_2859149874115841_2767664014870708224_o.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads