• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna need an explanation on that.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To make up for my lack of new AE shoes recently, I'm dropping this one in here today.

I don't think I got around to posting these but was over the moon when I received them. It was around the time of the job debacle. TS 2019.1 back when bourbon shell was the exclusive and rare(r) shell choice for AE; that is until 2019.2 dropped more bourbon in our laps.

Still haven't had their maiden voyage but the time is coming!!

Bourbon shell Strand (king) on a single JR with a translucent brown edge - the only option for TS 2019.1. A bit of burnishing on the toes which I'll probably try to remove. Some nice color variation with the heel piece; the color is phenomenal and gets me close to my grail color, natty.

Enough talking:

DSC00146.JPG
DSC00147.JPG
DSC00148.JPG
DSC00149.JPG
DSC00150.JPG
DSC00153.JPG

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To make up for my lack of new AE shoes recently, I'm dropping this one in here today.

I don't think I got around to posting these but was over the moon when I received them. It was around the time of the job debacle. TS 2019.1 back when bourbon shell was the exclusive and rare(r) shell choice for AE; that is until 2019.2 dropped more bourbon in our laps.

Still haven't had their maiden voyage but the time is coming!!

Bourbon shell Strand (king) on a single JR with a translucent brown edge - the only option for TS 2019.1. A bit of burnishing on the toes which I'll probably try to remove. Some nice color variation with the heel piece; the color is phenomenal and gets me close to my grail color, natty.

Enough talking:

View attachment 1284227 View attachment 1284231 View attachment 1284235 View attachment 1284236 View attachment 1284237 View attachment 1284238
beautiful shoes, I can't believe you have the will power to not wear a pair that nice for almost a year!

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is the one. The original poster only had 4 posts on SF and deleted his content. He caught flak for his "Dad Jeans" and deleted his posts and did not return. Lots of good content in that thread.

I never did go with the Wolverine CXL instead went with the AE Bayfield in CXL. CXL develops character over time with cleaning and treatment.

View attachment 1284101

For the Wolverine I went with the 744 which was actually made by AE in a unique color of shell.

View attachment 1284103

Been awhile, so everyone is posting top 5 AE favorites? That would be hard, very hard although today was thinking I should thin the herd done some. But don't think I can bring myself to do it. In fact need to stay out of here, after looking through this for the last hour now I have some new ones to check out. No I don't. Yes I do. No I don't...

Maybe take a shortcut and post Burgundy, Black, Walnut, Dark Brown, and Cappuccino shell Dundee's and be done with it. Would not be lying.

View attachment 1284106

But that would leave out the snuff and MD x AE. And I do like Cappacunio shell.

View attachment 1284107

But most of my shell and calf is burgundy.

Too much mental anguish limiting it down to 5 and am going to go hide again before I end up buying something else.

No regrets. None.

Oh. My. Word. Not for the shoes, cuz I've seen them before. Welcome back, Cold Iron!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably depends on your office, but I'm wearing this today. Odd trousers, tweed sport coat. I'm happy with it.

O.M.G. That is exactly what I'm after and what I pictured. Whose makeup is that?

beautiful shoes, I can't believe you have the will power to not wear a pair that nice for almost a year!

It's been hard, but I haven't been working so I didn't want to wear them to just anything! :p

They are very purdy.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my shoes, but what a steal if that's your size. Could use a little TLC but look to be in decent shape.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grant Stone?
Yes they are Grant Stone, he posted them on GS thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads