• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmy127

Reaction score
Their website is a bit "lacking".

Definitely. I know it costs money to do, but it seems like a lot of seemingly great menswear shops are leaving profits on the table by not having e-commerce functionality. O’Connell’s in Buffalo only has my business because of their website. Same with J. Press, H. Stockton, and Unionmade (RIP). And I’m sure it’s just a matter of time with Cable Car Clothiers, The Andover Shop (once theirs gets revamped), Milworks, and Sid Mashburn. Places like Twill don’t have a chance at my business.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definitely. I know it costs money to do, but it seems like a lot of seemingly great menswear shops are leaving profits on the table by not having e-commerce functionality. O’Connell’s in Buffalo only has my business because of their website. Same with J. Press, H. Stockton, and Unionmade (RIP). And I’m sure it’s just a matter of time with Cable Car Clothiers, The Andover Shop (once theirs gets revamped), Milworks, and Sid Mashburn. Places like Twill don’t have a chance at my business.
I have to agree on this, I might do business with them, were I to live in Minneapolis area, but won't do e-commerce as they don't make it very easy. Guys like Ealdwine in Raleigh (couple of SF dudes) came out of the box with a good e-commerce website at their inception last fall, so they get my business. I have done business with Andover shop, J.Press, and Stockton before, so may again, but I'm kind of landlocked in the middle of nowhere, 2.5 hrs to downtown Chicago, 2 hrs to downtown Indianapolis, 3 hrs to downtown St. Louis, and no decent menswear shop around here, so most of my stuff is done via internet now. I do have a MTM guy near Minneapolis, but he and I met in person a few years ago and he got my measurements, which thankfully haven't changed (benefit of getting older) so I have trousers/ shirts and if I need them suits, made by him. Sometimes I wish I lived in a major metropolitan area, to make access to decent menswear easier, but then I look out my back window and see the creek and lake and trees and..............

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a thread devoted to Wolverine 1K's? I got tired of searching the Streetwear and Denim threads after about 15 minutes so thought I would just ask here, as the AE thread people seem the most knowledgeable on the entire SF
Did a search. This was all I could find

That is the one. The original poster only had 4 posts on SF and deleted his content. He caught flak for his "Dad Jeans" and deleted his posts and did not return. Lots of good content in that thread.

I never did go with the Wolverine CXL instead went with the AE Bayfield in CXL. CXL develops character over time with cleaning and treatment.

1574311432734.png

For the Wolverine I went with the 744 which was actually made by AE in a unique color of shell.

Been awhile, so everyone is posting top 5 AE favorites? That would be hard, very hard although today was thinking I should thin the herd done some. But don't think I can bring myself to do it. In fact need to stay out of here, after looking through this for the last hour now I have some new ones to check out. No I don't. Yes I do. No I don't...

Maybe take a shortcut and post Burgundy, Black, Walnut, Dark Brown, and Cappuccino shell Dundee's and be done with it. Would not be lying.

But that would leave out the snuff and MD x AE. And I do like Cappacunio shell.

But most of my shell and calf is burgundy.

Too much mental anguish limiting it down to 5 and am going to go hide again before I end up buying something else.

No regrets. None.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot you and I are the same size and we apparently have more similar taste in shoes than I realized with your order and the stuff you have listed for sale. Surprised to see McT's and 93605's on your list.

To answer your question, I don't know, but I'm not planning to worry much about nubuck in the rain. ;)
Sadly, the McT and Florsheim don't fit well. I've had an interesting couple of years related to size. I lost a fair amount of weight about three years ago, which made the McT fit sloppy due to an already low instep. This year, I have begun experiencing the age related foot spread, which has made 11.5D shoes in 65 last feel a bit short. And the 93605's I picked up are just off. The heel definitely seems stretched out from the previous owner. I've flirted with the idea of heating up the heel cup and attempting to reshape it, but never got there. Figured I should just flip them back to eBay. Which reminds me, I need to get them relisted after pulling them down while on vacation!

Last edited:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20191120-184742_Samsung Internet.jpg

How depressing, get shipping notice last Monday, doesn't get picked up from Port Washington until friday, now its bouncing from state to state and hasn't left the U.S. yet for my destination, Christmas gala is December 7, at this rate I probably won't have the shoes in time.

Last edited:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is the one. The original poster only had 4 posts on SF and deleted his content. He caught flak for his "Dad Jeans" and deleted his posts and did not return. Lots of good content in that thread.

I never did go with the Wolverine CXL instead went with the AE Bayfield in CXL. CXL develops character over time with cleaning and treatment.

View attachment 1284101

For the Wolverine I went with the 744 which was actually made by AE in a unique color of shell.

View attachment 1284103

Been awhile, so everyone is posting top 5 AE favorites? That would be hard, very hard although today was thinking I should thin the herd done some. But don't think I can bring myself to do it. In fact need to stay out of here, after looking through this for the last hour now I have some new ones to check out. No I don't. Yes I do. No I don't...

Maybe take a shortcut and post Burgundy, Black, Walnut, Dark Brown, and Cappuccino shell Dundee's and be done with it. Would not be lying.

View attachment 1284106

View attachment 1284107

Too much mental anguish limiting it down to 5 and am going to go hide again before I end up buying something else.

No regrets. None.

Welcome back! Haven't seen you around here in a long time.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1284101

View attachment 1284103

View attachment 1284106

View attachment 1284107

No regrets. None.
Yes indeed, welcome back @Cold Iron. Your photos & posts influenced me especially concerning boots & hunting gear. Good to see you back here!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would guess that, here on SF, it's more common than not. However in the general populace, it seems insane to actually pre-order something, or have it made to measure, and wait. I have ZERO friends who have actually had something made for them, to their measurements, and/or pre-ordered shoes or boots. That's why I love you guys here on SF, you all "get it"

Exactly. The MTM is a must for me with my dimensions.

All of my friends would choke at the cost of even a pair of run of the mill AE's/Alden. We've found ourselves in an echo chamber here where drug addicts support drug addicts... Not a bad place to be!! :rotflmao:

View attachment 1284101

View attachment 1284103

View attachment 1284106

View attachment 1284107

No regrets. None.

Wow I have seen that photo of the Dundees on the blanket MANY times and never knew its provenance. You have a really great collection.

Is that a Cuppucino Cambridge with fudged/wheeled edges? What a harken back to ye old days of MTO glory!

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1284101

View attachment 1284103

View attachment 1284106

View attachment 1284107

No regrets. None.

No regrets. None.
Love the sentiment, feel the same way.
Must stop loading up but, my closet has been transformed.

Great to see you visit,
You were the local OG of the
'real men use their boots' mantra!

Would love to see some patined shots, seems old is the new new.

These are the old new, ie, new.

Kiton wool jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads