• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this suit? Thinking it would looks good with my navy FS's whenever they come in...

Last edited:

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love it and love SS. I stop in the Chicago one every once in a while

This particular one is already sold out, but I called the Chicago store today and the guy working there got the store in New York to sell me thier display model in a few days when they do their changeover. The last of that model in my size in the US. Still deciding on it, but it looks super cool.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe a bit odd coming from me, but that suit is -LOUD-. I think it'd be better as just a jacket, personally

We will just have to see what it looks like in person. Wearing it with like a navy turtleneck and a navy pocket square would probably quiet it down a tad bit.

But I love loud suits as long as they don't look cheap and loud. I don't wear suits for work or high society or anything of that sort, so being a bit more bold for casual wear is fine in my book.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My custom-sole (JR) tan nubuck Strandmoks are apparently shipping any day now... Looking forward to seeing these puppies!
I did the same upgrade. Delivery notice says they are home waiting for me on the porch. Any idea if the nubuck is pre-treated for water? I have a ton of rain in the forecast tomorrow and reaaaaly want to wear them.
Maybe a bit odd coming from me, but that suit is -LOUD-. I think it'd be better as just a jacket, personally
I had the same thought. Jacket on its own is pretty sweet. But, it is all about the swagger. Maybe he can pull off the entire suit!

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you all for waiting; this was actually very hard! Be prepared to NOT see some of my pairs I bet you expected. (Those of you who even thought twice about me saying I'd post this.) And now, in some order, I present to you madhat's Top 5 Allen Edmonds of his collection:

Brown Bowery
I'm sure y'all are sick of me singing their praises, but here they are. Sure, they're difficult for me to work into my regular rotation. Sure, they're not an elegant shoe. But, there's just something about the moto boot look, combined with the excellent red-brown waxed suede, and a very utilitarian commando sole.
20191024_085648.jpg

Walnut Liverpool
One of my most complimented pairs. The walnut just draws looks. I've got better fitting pairs, but they're just so easy to throw on. Plus, I can't be the only one who wanted Beatle Boots in his youth...
20191001_124047.jpg

Acorn Suede Higgins Mill
First GMTO. Such a fantastic color! I know the clear translugs don't last, but they look cool. Comfortable, though a bit bulbous. Third time's a charm!
20190218_121858.jpg

Sand MDxAE Chukka
Full grain unlined suede on single butyl soles. Leather socks? Just a great shoe at a great price.
20190409_073502.jpg

Brown Shell Higgins Mill
Brown shell. Leather soles. Indy lining. *chef kiss*
20191007_093328.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did the same upgrade, and a little more. Delivery notice says they are home waiting for me on the porch. Any idea if the nubuck is pre-treated for water? I have a ton of rain in the forecast tomorrow and reaaaaly want to wear them.

I had the same thought. Jacket on its own is pretty sweet. But, it is all about the swagger. Maybe he can pull off the entire suit!
"and a little more"???
Ready for winter. Just received my waxed Higgins Mill. Had these made up on olive Dainite. I am one of those who really don’t mind that sole, except for the slipperiness on wet tile.
i like the look though.
View attachment 1283430 View attachment 1283431 View attachment 1283432
Makes me so proud to see these waxed pairs showing up!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a thread devoted to Wolverine 1K's? I got tired of searching the Streetwear and Denim threads after about 15 minutes so thought I would just ask here, as the AE thread people seem the most knowledgeable on the entire SF
Did a search. This was all I could find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads