• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedarius

Reaction score
7EFE46D2-41AF-49DB-B637-005FEB79C947.jpeg

Sullivans, waiting . . .

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is a summary of my Mexico trip.
48185310-3408-4C1A-9917-9F1C595019F5.jpeg

Wife prays at Church
D1E54291-2735-4883-8A9B-A72E11265437.jpeg

we go get some breakfast.
94D8066A-F4B9-400B-B387-EE4B04474ED7.jpeg

I admire my shoes.

lemmy127

Reaction score
They were Bottoli donegal from S&M last year.

I was afraid that would be your answer. I just ordered three pairs of pants in their contemporary fit one size up, and the legs are still too tight. I want to buy all their stuff, but it seems like everything is cut like Brooks Brothers Milano fit, or slimmer, and I'm a Regent or Madison fit kind of guy. Kinda funny how losing 50 pounds has made it more difficult to find clothes that fit me well rather than easier.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was afraid that would be your answer. I just ordered three pairs of pants in their contemporary fit one size up, and the legs are still too tight. I want to buy all their stuff, but it seems like everything is cut like Brooks Brothers Milano fit, or slimmer, and I'm a Regent or Madison fit kind of guy. Kinda funny how losing 50 pounds has made it more difficult to find clothes that fit me well rather than easier.
That said, other shops can use that same fabric. I saw some green donegal from another shop last fall; I don't remember who though.

lemmy127

Reaction score
That said, other shops can use that same fabric. I saw some green donegal from another shop last fall; I don't remember who though.

I'm just enamored with the price tag that S&M has. I know Luxire carries something extremely similar, if not the exact same, but it's at least double the price, and Oliver Wicks is a bit more expensive too, with the added risk of online MTM.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just enamored with the price tag that S&M has. I know Luxire carries something extremely similar, if not the exact same, but it's at least double the price, and Oliver Wicks is a bit more expensive too, with the added risk of online MTM.

Where are you located? I stopped by Black Lapel when we were in NYC a while back and got measured by them in-house. That way if anything was borked it was on them, not me. They nailed it though. Depending on where you are, if BL isn't an option, Alton Lane is another MTM house (they claim bespoke, and they just aren't...but they're DAMN good at the MTM market) that's located a LOT of places across the country. They may be nearby and I've had excellent luck/service with them.

Honestly after seeing how they measured me, and seeing how OW instructs people, it's pretty foolproof. If you have something that fits you well right now, you can also provide "laid flat" measurements (photos always help too) to nail it down.

Basically when it comes to online MTM, yes there's a lot of people that didn't get things done right. I would also be willing to bet 85-90% of those people (or more) probably didn't communicate very well with the tailor, and/or did the bare minimum/didn't follow directions.

Bottom line, online MTM is like developing any relationship with any tailor. There's no such thing as "too much" communication as you're getting started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads