• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turns out uneven shell ridges are (almost) no match for some Renovateur and the back of a spoon. The imperfections are almost fully worked out while some of the uneven burnishing has been removed. Still some work to do, but these already look great.

Bonus pic, burgundy vs. chili. Under indoor lighting burgundy is much darker and is more purple. Chili is lighter and has more orange. Can't wait to update that shell family pic...

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are mine (in alphabetical order):

Black Cherry Shell Bristols Scored from fellow SFer @Lmrjfud (via the bay), these vintage shell beauties are a sight to behold, and one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own:

View attachment 1282180

Brown CXL Higgins Mills My first AEs and one of my all-time favorites, these are probably my most-worn footwear over the past +/- 2 years:

View attachment 1282185

Navy/Brown Boulders My second pair of AEs and probably my second-most worn pair of 2019; super comfortable, rubber sole, sexy Venetian lines; what's not to like?

View attachment 1282186

Surrey Chucksters My third pair of AEs, these are also super comfortable, nice Nubuck leather, and Commando-soled; a great casual boot:

View attachment 1282188

Walnut Mackenzies Not sure what spot these take in order of acquisition, but they quickly became one of my favorites. I love the clean look of the whole cut, the medallion, the sole edges... just overall a great-looking shoe:

View attachment 1282190

Edited to add (by special request from @vdubiv) a driveway shot of the Boulders:

View attachment 1282195

(Special added bonus - since I'm assuming your nym means you're a VW enthusiast - that's my Golf R behind me in this shot. ;-D)
Thanks for the updated picture! If those are the same pair it's amazing the color difference between the two shots.
Yes I'm a VW/Audi enthusiast, thanks for the sneak peak of the R! currently in a Q3, debating what I want next

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turns out uneven shell ridges are (almost) no match for some Renovateur and the back of a spoon. The imperfections are almost fully worked out while some of the uneven burnishing has been removed. Still some work to do, but these already look great.

View attachment 1282831

Bonus pic, burgundy vs. chili. Under indoor lighting burgundy is much darker and is more purple. Chili is lighter and has more orange. Can't wait to update that shell family pic...

View attachment 1282832
Nice work, those are beautiful shoes for sure! I would have been more concerned with how close them stiches come to the outer edge of the sole on the toe portion of the one shoe.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice work, those are beautiful shoes for sure! I would have been more concerned with how close them stiches come to the outer edge of the sole on the toe portion of the one shoe.

Yeah, it looks like they came out a bit too far stitching the sole on the right shoe. I'm not too worried though, I'm fairly certain the soles will wear out before the tip gets so thin that the sole comes partially unstitched.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like they came out a bit too far stitching the sole on the right shoe. I'm not too worried though, I'm fairly certain the soles will wear out before the tip gets so thin that the sole comes partially unstitched.
I don't know that the tip would get thin anyway unless you were kicking a lot of stuff. Either way nice job cleaning up the very minor, not even noticeable imperfections on some amazing shoes!

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1282831

View attachment 1282832
Your Strand collection is beautiful, my friend. I remember the first pic you posted when you introduced yourself to the board. I showed it to a SA in Austin and his instant reaction was... “WOW!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads