• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Obviously.

Member how I promised that before/after with the Saphir greasy? Well i slathered up a boot before remembering a before pic so theres one boot for the before. They looked quite similar though so.....imagination maybe. IDK.

Anywho the solo boot is before the two togerher is after. Character and patina are still there, just less prevalent.

Also i ordered the natural and they sent the brown but thats no biggie.

20191117_134543.jpg

20191117_134549.jpg

20191117_140100.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Obviously.

Member how I promised that before/after with the Saphir greasy? Well i slathered up a boot before remembering a before pic so theres one boot for the before. They looked quite similar though so.....imagination maybe. IDK.

Anywho the solo boot is before the two togerher is after. Character and patina are still there, just less prevalent.

Also i ordered the natural and they sent the brown but thats no biggie.

View attachment 1281712

View attachment 1281713

View attachment 1281714
Nice and a great boot to work on :)

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the soles will stay that way for a while, but will loosen up and once they do.....mmmmmmm.......

I am waiting for it! I think they'll be great when they soften up.

Return them, return them now and fill the internet with bad and misinformed reviews.

I will definitely try to match some of our past trolls in their efforts to trash GYW communities across the net! :p

gv7123456

Reaction score
For anyone who wants the brown Hamilton boot, they’re $260 on the Nordstrom website right now.
I was able to talk myself out of getting the brown strandmok on sale for $200, but for some reason that little extra leather to cover my ankle makes $60 more expensive seem like a can’t pass up opportunity.
Ordered.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visited Soldier's Memorial today (first time); what a great museum! Unfortunately I didn't get to spend enough time there today.

Color 8 plain toe boot on Commando. Does anyone else get a bit of pinky/ring toe pinch with the Barrie last?

DSC00122.JPG
DSC00124.JPG
Edited.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads