• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The cone is the same but because you are using a shoe last, once you get past the top of the last, there is more room. Here is something to consider, the pattern at the edge of the eye stays is not straight. It is curved slightly outward. Even if you have a low volume foot, you end up with a gap at the midway point of the eye stays.
Like this.
C942DBED-FAC7-4BC4-8420-30117A9C1CCD.jpeg

pedarius

Reaction score
For anyone who wants the brown Hamilton boot, they’re $260 on the Nordstrom website right now.
Get them. They are great.

After successfully resisting the brown Hamilton through the RDA and boot sale, evidently the $260 price was below the IRRESISTIBLE BARGAIN / PRACTICALLY FREE filter line that some stupid reptilian part of my brain decides makes it an offer I can't refuse, so ordered these last night.

I've now set myself up for the inevitable spousal reaction where she CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE among the incoming brown grain Hamilton and the brown Sullivan Street, brown grain MacNeil, brown grain/suede Carlos Santos field boot and brown grain C&J Islay in my closet.

Actually, when put that way, it is pretty damned ridiculous. I've really got to do something about this addiction I seem to have. Like making sure to put some shoe bags back on a few of these so they're less visible.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Shelterdog since you were asking about socks... If you were interested in trying Darn Tough, GoBros.com is doing a 25% off sale right now.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After successfully resisting the brown Hamilton through the RDA and boot sale, evidently the $260 price was below the IRRESISTIBLE BARGAIN / PRACTICALLY FREE filter line that some stupid reptilian part of my brain decides makes it an offer I can't refuse, so ordered these last night.

I've now set myself up for the inevitable spousal reaction where she CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE among the incoming brown grain Hamilton and the brown Sullivan Street, brown grain MacNeil, brown grain/suede Carlos Santos field boot and brown grain C&J Islay in my closet.

Actually, when put that way, it is pretty damned ridiculous. I've really got to do something about this addiction I seem to have. Like making sure to put some shoe bags back on a few of these so they're less visible.

I know! The way to am preventing myself from buying the Hamilton at this price is to reward myself with something that isn’t a shoe! This is a great deal, but I actually need things that are not shoes!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little ceegar Sunday in St. Louis. Haven't worn these in a long time, but they still fit like a glove.

DSC00095.JPG
DSC00098.JPG

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. I'd pay good money to buy a print of all of @Roycru's adventures + pictures in a coffee table hardcover.

His ability to approach strange women and get them to do what he wants may also be worth a chapter. ;-)

even if he only uses this power to get his picture taken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads