• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Wednesday forum friends!

TS19.2 orders continue to trickle in, I had to skip wingtip Wednesday and give these new Bourbon HMs a maiden voyage.

Like so many here, I'm really enjoying this boot and am looking forward to a few more still in the pipeline. I've posted before how disappointed I was that AE can no longer recraft my Eagle Counties (which I have worn to death). I'll always love those old boots, but HMs make it a LOT easier to cope with.

HM_Bourbon_25.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well yeah sure, except for the assertion they have nothing to do with each other. I know special makeups etc..etc... I understand the two purchases are two different things. Sure, they are separate things, but it’s all AE; and as I have seen from some of the screen shots posted. They are collecting crazy amounts of data about me, and what I’ve purchased from them. it would seem they are very likely tracking it. I was simply saying that it’s interesting to me, they’ve got all this data. But no way to channel that data back to me in a meaningful way that integrates me in that buying process at the one point I am able to interact with AE. I’m not saying the glorious AE is bad or anything. I’m sure there are many reasons why that info isn’t available to me the consumer. I just found it interesting is all.
I wasn't interpreting it as you bashing them.
I know that several people get confused/frustrated that they aren't connected. So, I just thought I'd mention to people that it seems easy on the face, but sometimes on the back end things don't mesh as cleanly as you'd expect.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TS19.2 orders continue to trickle in, I had to skip wingtip Wednesday and give these new Bourbon HMs a maiden voyage.

Like so many here, I'm really enjoying this boot and am looking forward to a few more still in the pipeline. I've posted before how disappointed I was that AE can no longer recraft my Eagle Counties (which I have worn to death). I'll always love those old boots, but HMs make it a LOT easier to cope with.

View attachment 1278507
Can't recraft because they're too far gone, or that they don't have the sole?

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1277873 View attachment 1277874 View attachment 1277876
Was pleasantly surprised to come home to these today! Now just waiting on my Jingle Bell-Mok

Love these pics, that olive sole looks like great fun to play with.

View attachment 1278507

And Bourbon Mills ... think I'd like that olive sole on bourbon too!

I will be appreciating AE's 2019 overall body of work for many years to come.

w Zilli cotton and cashmere cords

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't interpreting it as you bashing them.
I know that several people get confused/frustrated that they aren't connected. So, I just thought I'd mention to people that it seems easy on the face, but sometimes on the back end things don't mesh as cleanly as you'd expect.
:fonz:

lemmy127

Reaction score
This are Hertling made for Epaulet.

Dang. I can't find RTW flannels that I'm interested in this winter. I want something tan to mid-brown, woollen/carded, flat front, sufficient rise (+11") and not too slim for my runner's legs, and not cost an arm and a leg. Feels like I'm searching for a unicorn. Epaulet comes so close... if only the Taylor fit didn't have pleats.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Wednesday forum pals. Take a break from the drama and do a little shoe maintenance with a favorite adult beverage. Or better yet, cruise the ol' interwebs until you find a new pair that you can't live without.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to go to Tomorrowland, or any of the other big events out this way, however I am an aging raver as well, and I'm sure if I brought it up to my wife she would remind me I'm not a little kid anymore.

Average age at TML is late 30s. That's average. And this was at EDC this year. (It was oddly chilly, 40s and 50s hence the excessive clothing)

20190519_225626.jpg

Alan (in the middle) is a DC area local and widely recognized as that guy on fb and yt raving out to drum n bass at EDC. Grandfather and avid member of the DC clubbing scene too. Total inspiration. As he says, "rave to the grave".

As an on topic portion, boot season means boot review season. Sneak peek at a writeup for another site.

20191113_113435.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Average age at TML is late 30s. That's average. And this was at EDC this year. (It was oddly chilly, 40s and 50s hence the excessive clothing)

View attachment 1278536

Alan (in the middle) is a DC area local and widely recognized as that guy on fb and yt raving out to drum n bass at EDC. Grandfather and avid member of the DC clubbing scene too. Total inspiration. As he says, "rave to the grave".

As an on topic portion, boot season means boot review season. Sneak peek at a writeup for another site.

View attachment 1278538
Burgundy, walnut, and coffee?

DapperAndy

Reaction score
Since I'm wearing PTBs today, here's Wingtip Wednesday with Michael Baldinger's amazing custom green AE Daltons using Pure Polish.
pure-polish-mbshoedoc-ae-dalton-boots-green - 2.jpg pure-polish-mbshoedoc-ae-dalton-boots-green - 3.jpg pure-polish-mbshoedoc-ae-dalton-boots-green - 4.jpg

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New to me brown suede Saukvilles for this chilly wingtip Wednesday, courtesy of @audog

7C1BF029-67BE-4F6B-91E4-57CCEAC030BC.jpeg

These have been a goal of mine ever since my order for them was canceled due to them being out of stock. I’ll likely wear them as in through the winter and then try to get them resoled into some leather outsoles.

If anyone is looking for a loden suede pair in 9.5d, let me know!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, these spam emails are really starting to dial me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads